Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much power can be made (safely and reliably) before beefing up the bottom end of the LS6? I see quite a few guys with supercharged C5 Z06's running 550-575 rwhp with no mention of motor upgrades. I am really kind of torn between the C5 Z06 and the C6 being that I love the idea of a targa top and this isn't an option with the Z06, however I would have around $8k left to spend on a supercharger or something if I went with the C5 Z06. I suppose I could always go with a base C5 with a targa top, but then I'm only at 350 to start and probably would take quite a bit to hit the higher hp I am trying to attain down the road. Any commentary?

·
Registered
151 Posts
A stock LS1/6 lower end can handle 500-550 rwhp all day long provided you run premium fuel and have your computer tuned properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds pretty decent. I'm sure I would be more than happy with 550 rwhp. Now will a C5 Z06 with say a magnacharger or procharger supercharger be able to take me to this level (obviously with intake, exhaust, and similar mods to accompany). I really like the targa top idea, but how much more modification would be required to see this kind of power?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The MagnaCharger can't flow enough to be useful at your desired power level. A ProCharger can certainly make *BIG* power, but then you have to contend with potential belt issues.

I would either do a twin turbo kit (my personal favorite) or a Novi 2000 (which is a centrifugal supercharger, but appears to be easy on belts, at least in the under 600 rwhp category).

Good luck,

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts