Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
I'm looking at a few C6s right now, and am not sure which to get. In general, they're either around 25k miles for $26-27k, or 80k+ miles for under $20k. A low mileage one sounds great because it would almost be like getting a new car, but I could also save some money to take a higher mileage one.

Obviously color, trim, etc. factor into my decisions, but in general, would you take a lower mileage C6 for more money or the higher mileage C6 for less money?

·
Registered
72 Posts
common knowledge

The accepted wisdom with any used car is to buy the lowest miles you can afford.

I am no expert, but those that post with high corvette skill levels, always seek cars with low milage, often taking years looking for a satisfactory car. I understand that . repairs are a pain, and if you can afford to avoid them , you should.

it took me some effort to find a non dealer shop that wouldn't screw up the car. Gm requires special training to work on the cars, for good reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up a base auto 2011 Supersonic blue car one owner completely stock pristine condition with every receipt new tires and 30k on the clock for 24k

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm looking at a few C6s right now, and am not sure which to get. In general, they're either around 25k miles for $26-27k, or 80k+ miles for under $20k. A low mileage one sounds great because it would almost be like getting a new car, but I could also save some money to take a higher mileage one.

Obviously color, trim, etc. factor into my decisions, but in general, would you take a lower mileage C6 for more money or the higher mileage C6 for less money?

hello Maladosa

Why spend more money?
I sold my C6 LS3 with 75,000 km.
My buyer is the happiest man in the world.
It is important to ensure that the car has always been well maintained by a serious authorized garage and that its owner is a careful person.
It is also necessary to see if the car has never been on a racetrack.
If these conditions are met then for 75,000 km the car is almost new.
LS3 motors are trouble-free motors.
The only problem I've had in three years with the C6 is a battery change on the remote control.
Now, you're very lucky with the Corvette prices
In 2017 I sold my 2008 C6 LS3 with 75000 km for a price of 36000€ (40770£)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts