Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of tires I just took off my '01 C5. I know nothing about them beyond the fact I put 10K on them myself. One front has a patch and one rear has a plug. The fronts are worn on the inside shoulders pretty bad. The rears are nice tires with some tread above the wear bars.

These are OEM tires. Car has 50K so I am pretty sure they are not factory original.

So I am pretty sure these tires would be good for a day or two of khana and burn outs.

Is $175 asking too much?

Before you kill me, this is my first set of new tires since I got the car. So I have no idea if they are worth anything or not. If not I'll keep the rears and drop the fronts off at a China mart.

Thx for your help.

~j

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Is $175 asking too much?
Based on your description without seeing photos I'd say yes, you're asking to much. If the shoulders are worn badly just recycle them and be done with it. Then again if someone is in dire need of a quick tire let them make an offer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, looks like China mart will have a free gift on the door step when they open in the morning. ;)

Thx

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
It's very hard to sell used tires. So much so that I've simply given away or thrown away ever used tire that has come off any Corvette I've owned.

If they are runflats, just throw them in the dumpster.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured for those who did the parking lot racing, cheap used up tires would be better than wasting new or good tires. I expected to see some value, while not much but something.

I think I will just pitch them in the attic for now. I am planning on buying new rims eventually, so I can move the new tires over to the new rims when that happens and then put the old tires on the old rims and maybe I will use them for Khana. If I can ever decide to treat my garage queen that ugly for a day.

And they are Goodyear run-flats. China mart recycles tires. I'd rather recycle than waste land fill space.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts