Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the works of a build but it will be a few weeks just wanted to see what everyone thinks ill have at the wheels for power.

I know it will be more than I ever need but just curious to get an idea.

I know with the cam choice is should be a broader but longer power band, I did this because of the hobby of road racing which led me to my choice of cam. So I don't mind if I don't have the BEST number ever, but a lot of power over a majority of the power band i won't argue with.

Here it goes.

403ci stroker assembly in my LS2 block.
Looking for 11.3-11.4 Static compression
TEA Stage 2 Heads (finished with peak CFM: Intake 325 Exhaust 262 - with 225cc intake volume chamber)
Custom Cam 234/238 .602/.604 114 (+2 advance ground in)
FAST 102 (ported)
NW102mm Throttle body
Halltech SuperBee CF112 with LS7 MAF Conversion.
46# FAST Injectors
--------------
already had on the car
LG Pro Long Tube Headers 1 3/4" with cats
Corsa Extreme Exhaust

Anyone have any ideas?

I can't wait till I get it back but this should be the final build.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
should get you around 440 rwhp

are you having 21st century do the work? I would recommend them if your in the dallas area. my corvette club goes there for regular group dynos and they get great numbers out of our cars.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Based on what I have in my sig... 520/500...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
maybe I was low balling but I did not really account for the fast 102 setup.

most 403 setups I see run about 450 whp and about 530 to the motor with 600 lift or so cams.

if you guys are pushing over 500 with your 403s then I definetly should get in the 430 range with my ls2 with a heads and cam and bolt ons.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
maybe I was low balling but I did not really account for the fast 102 setup.

most 403 setups I see run about 450 whp and about 530 to the motor with 600 lift or so cams.

if you guys are pushing over 500 with your 403s then I definetly should get in the 430 range with my ls2 with a heads and cam and bolt ons.
If you're spending the coin to go with the fast 102, I would port it. A good matched port on the FAST intakes can net 8-10 rwhp/rwtq. The NW TB's are beautiful.

I'm doing 530 to the wheels, and that's through 4:10's (overgeared ,I know). I have a FAST 90/NW90 setup, smaller heads, but a bigger cam. My head flow numbers are great for the port size, thank you Tony Mamo!, but your' flowing ~20cfm peak more than me. That's significant. If you don't choke the airflow in or out, you'll do really well.

If you keep the rotating assembly light you'll see some gain there also. Do you know your bobweight?

One thing you didn't specify is your clutch. If it's OEM with all that new power you may run into problems...

I don't see how you'll not be over 500 to the rear wheels and close if not over with the torque. Make sure you get a really good tune and you'll definitely have a 'perma-grin' that will be hard to remove.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got an LS9 Clutch and Flywheel package to hold the power.

Its a daily driver / road race car so i hear that was probably my best option for drivability and power holding.

If I get around 500 hp/tq the perma grin will probably be for sure.

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts