Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across any articles or information regarding what the C6 will cost? will this corvette be geared more to the wealthier enthusiast or the average joe like myself?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'll bet the base price is 48-53k
Patrick needs to start a contest
WIN AN '04 :rolling:

·
Registered
4 Posts
the base cost is bound to be in the same range as the 50th AE given that a third of 2003 corvettes produced were AE. Just my.02

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
In other words. Out of my range. :)

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I hear 5k-7k over the C5. With a huge increase for the 2006 Z06.

Expect to pay more than sticker for the first 1-2 years.:surprised

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
A volume vette salesman on another post said that he had been told that the coupe and vert would sell for about the same as the 50th Ann. Ed. He was told this prior to the release of the '04 and the Comm. Ed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I hear 5k-7k over the C5. With a huge increase for the 2006 Z06.

Expect to pay more than sticker for the first 1-2 years.:surprised
I think the economy is too slow tp command a higher than sticker price for more than 6-9 months. XLRs are selling but after a week or two on the floor...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would'nt pay over sticker and if you wait afew months after the dealers start getting them, they will discount them just like the 50th AE . You should be able to get a discount on the 04 Comm. already. Again, just my .02 cents

·
Registered
365 Posts
Some people are worried about the probable price jump that will come with the C6, but the base mill is supposed to be around 405hp. Anything under $50k for that would be a steal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I could get anew C6 vert for under 50k, I might just buy two. My 50thAe with tax , lic. Dealer prep, destination, NCM delivery and luxury tax was just ashade over 60k. Ithink that is about where the C6's is going to come in at

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Macvette said:
If I could get anew C6 vert for under 50k, I might just buy two. My 50thAe with tax , lic. Dealer prep, destination, NCM delivery and luxury tax was just ashade over 60k. Ithink that is about where the C6's is going to come in at
good thing is lux tax should be just about gone when these come out...did you pay above sticker for you car?

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
bkuper said:
I'm sadly confident it will cost more than I have.
They are suppose to cost more. They wouldn't be vettes if they didn't. The best part is setting your goals and one day reaching them. They will be out of my range for a while too but a C6 savings account has already been started by my wife (she wants one, I don't like what I have seen so far).

Just keep saving those pennies! :thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Just keep saving those pennies! :thumbsup: [/B]

After you count out about 6 million of them, you'll be there

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
c6vette500hp said:
well if its moe then 10-15 bucks im screwed hopefully there be a matchbox version
Yeah, I'm hoping AutoArt makes a really great one at 1:18 scale, too. :excited: :laughing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Punk Boy

I paid MSRP for my 50thAE and picked it up in Jan. 03. If i had waited till june or July I could have saved about 6000 off list. They had lots of them available. Luxury tax is gone now too. I only had to pay part because it was being phased out.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Wow even that will be too much lol I need to goto the Diecast wrecking yards... maybe I can get one at a police auction for cheap! lol:nuts:

·
Registered
762 Posts
You can always afford it. It's just a matter of what you are willing to sacrifice to do so. Even if you made 20k/yr you could sell all your personal belongings, move into some cheap apartment, and live off of Raman and water for seven years until the car is paid off.

I have wanted a Corvette my whole life. One of the guys I work with drives an 02 Z06 that I drool over everyday. Yet, there is nothing preventing me from going out and buying one today, except the sheer value of 50 grand.

I am hoping by next summer, I am over that value thing. Although do I get a C6 or a Z06 on the cheap? Or better yet, wait for the rumored GT40 competitor and really put my affordability theory to the test.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You are right about what you what is takes to sacrifice in order to get what you want. Also if you look hard enough you will find one. I bought my first Vette when I was 19 years old. It was a red '94 LT1 that was a lease turn in! They guy that leased it basically was the type of guy that walks into a dealership and say, "I want a Corvette in this color, with these options, send me the paper work!" He basically paid out the nose to lease the car but he did not care. At lease end his buy out was $5,000 lower then the dealers buyout at the time of the lease. A good friend of mine work at a high end import car dealership detailing cars. His dad worked as the sales manager. I mentioned the car to my buddy and how bad I would love to have one! Unknown to me my buddy approached his dad and told him about the car. The next day his told phoned me and asked if I wanted a '94 Corvette! Of course I did! My buddy's dad paid the buy out price for the car and turned around and leased it to me for $285/month for 36 months! That price included his $1000 fee. I was happier then a pig in sh!t! Yeah I had to make some sacrifices as far as not going out with my friends to the bar (I live 20 minutes from Canada where drinking is legal at 19) but I had my dream car! I look back and would do it all over again if I have to! But I learned it was a great way to get a car that I had always wanted when I could not afford one new!
:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts