Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was just wondering if any one would throw some figures out for me i know my car isnt complete yet, but if any one could guesstimate what the value of my car would be on completion that would be great so far i have spent $20,000 + on new parts, body, interior everything in the car has or will be restored i have rebuilt every part even the smallest of switches have been cleaned up, so the car is going to look and smell like it just came from the Bowling green factory,

here are some pics
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77329

p.s does any one know where i can buy the orginal factory stickers, not the pace car decals, but hazard labels, air box stickets those types of stickers??

and does any one know any one who has done a similar project to mine? would be great to check out photos and share info

thanks in advance

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well, I've replaced almost everything on my car and have even done quite a few modifications to mine. Really the only thing i have left is paint.(I'm hoping I can get one of you guys that paints to do my car. Anyone want to give me an estimate?) Also I'm working on a better stereo system too. But other than that, there isn't much that is still original.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well, I've replaced almost everything on my car and have even done quite a few modifications to mine. Really the only thing i have left is paint.(I'm hoping I can get one of you guys that paints to do my car. Anyone want to give me an estimate?) Also I'm working on a better stereo system too. But other than that, there isn't much that is still original.
As for the question about what it will be worth, that is a different matter. The C4's were disliked by some people because of the low HP ratings and inconveinance of getting in and out due to the high door sills. I invested the money I have in mine with the intention of keeping it. The market value on the C4's is not real high at the moment unless you have something collectable like a ZR1, Calloway,or Grand Sport. Even the Ron Fellows, Greenwood, and Lingenfelters don't bring in the type of money I think they should. But, there is hope. It all depends on how long you want to wait. Like all muscle cars, the C4's will indeed have it's day. There will eventually come a time when they will jump up in price, and once again become more valuable. Mine is an '85, and will be an antique in just 3 years. I'm hoping that will be its turning point, but I'll have to wait and see. I've seen original, low mileage C4 corvettes go for under 10,000. It all depends on the buyer you find. You can buy ones needing work for 5000.00, or needing lots of work for 3000-4000. Every now and then you'll find the right buyer and sneak one off for 12,000-15,000 if it is an exceptionally clean, tight and well maintained car.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I'm sure you did most of the work as a labor of love and for the enjoyment of the experience. Most restorers know that they are better to throw their money in the fireplace then spend on car restoration. Car restoration... or customization in general is a bad investment. But... that doesn't keep us enthusiasts from doing it.

You thinking of selling it now? How many miles are on it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well im not sure how many miles, as this car was a real mess when i bought it, the clock says 120,000 but some stuff on the car are the orginal factory parts and do not look like they have had 120,000 done, so who knows. but thats not really a problem as i have replaced or restored everything, yeah i just wanted to get an idea for the money they go for in the states i thought it was gonna be low, not interested in selling this car unless i get a really good offer, as it is going to be my dads retirement car in NZ and after a few years he will sell it, as in NZ C4 convertibles go for good money i think i should be able to get around $40,000-$45,000 NZD as the im yet to find a 86 convertible an not one in the condition this car will be in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts