Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately for me its been every month! Nothing big has happend yet........ So how often do you have problems?:spanked:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Things creep up without rhyme or reason. My 95 has been a pretty good ride, and the 72 is just showing it's age. In the last month I dumped $900 into my 97 T-Bird. Reagrdless of how much you like a car, I think they're the same as a boat....a hole in the ocean you pour money into.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
So far, so good. I've done some big ticket preventive maint. items like the water pump and opti-spark before they have gone bad (did them when I was installing the S/C).

I have yet to be stranded (knock on wood). :partyon:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
One thing that needs to be checked yearly is the radiator area. It collects anything that will fit up there, then it builds up and you have an overheating problem. I cleaned it out one year when I overheated (which cost me an AIR pump, Alternator and my MAF relays) it already had a good amount built up between the radiator and A/C condensor just 1 year later. I installed a debris screen in Dec. and I will see how well a debris screen works come late fall.

As a bonus of cleaning that out you run cooler and have more power and probably better gas milage.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
When I first got the 91 back 6 years ago the first week I had the water pump replaced. The second week the alternator went. I was think SOB this car really sucks.

Knock on wood in the last 6 years nothing else broke. I don’t rack up the miles on it and last summer if I put 2k miles on it that would be lucky.

:cheers:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
What's gone wrong on your GS?:huh:
I have only had the GS since December, only problem to date has been a set or front breaks and recently the cruse control quite working. I have not had a chance to check out the cruse yet (maybe the fact that I don’t use it much, it has not been much of a problem) short of that it has been great, no complaints here.....................:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts