Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's kind of a pain to take off, I don't take it off terribly often.

You?:huh:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
the old man has a 1980 so they are easy to take of..one latch...they come off as soon as the weather is nice...

·
Registered
3 Posts
A couple summers I had the top all the whole summer... the only reason is my mom decided one day she was going to take the vette out with out letting me know. Little did she know thenight before I just layed the top down and did now screw it in since I was going to take it off the next morning. Well needless to say, it flew off and broke into many little pieces. I was stuck without a top for about 2 months... finally she replaced it..luckily it was the summer we had a big drought and it didn't rain any!:laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Vettegirl2000 said:
A couple summers I had the top all the whole summer... the only reason is my mom decided one day she was going to take the vette out with out letting me know. Little did she know thenight before I just layed the top down and did now screw it in since I was going to take it off the next morning. Well needless to say, it flew off and broke into many little pieces. I was stuck without a top for about 2 months... finally she replaced it..luckily it was the summer we had a big drought and it didn't rain any!:laughing:
:surprised :(

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Not that often...I don't like how loose it feels with top off! It's pretty amazing how much the body flexes without the top. We'll take it off a couple of times when we're cruising but that's about it.

·
resident conservative
1,039 Posts
I only had the vette 3 months and the weather is been crappy, so I yet to take off the top....... but I will as soon as it gets warmer:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,410 Posts
At least 50% of the time. It's garaged at night so most of the time I don't even put it back on unless it looks like rain

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes I agree its a pain, but that doesnt stop me from taking the top off, almost 100% of the time its nice out, I enjoy the fresh air, blowing around. And thats why I got the removable top :buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
H P Bushrod said:
If I know there is no rain in the forecast-I'll take it off. I just hate working out with that little ratchet removing the roof!:D
No kidding! That is a bit tedious. . . . . :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts