Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wash mine every moment I can, sometimes 3-4 times per week.

I hate dust on the car! And find that the detailing sprays take as much work as washing the car.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,418 Posts
I hate dust to but I'm not anal about. As long as it is respectablly clean I find it is more fun to drive than to reclean everything

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Before the paint started chipping away I would use the car duster on it until it became too much for the duster to handle and then wash it. That usually turned out to be 1 wash/week. Now that my paint is JAKKED!!, I accumulate dirt to draw attention away from the chips. :(

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
how often do you wash?

i wash mine at least two times a week,weather permitting...we allso have a lot of construction going on,(a new walmart going up,like we realley need it)so the dust is my biggest enemy now.detail spray works ,but washing allways makes things a lot better.as posted i was asking about clay bars,with all the help,boy does it look and feel good,as allways(save the wave) kenney 1984:partyon:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Re: how often do you wash?

I wash mine 3-4 times a week also.

I also HATE dust on my car.

I put it away clean so the next time I go out the car is PERFECT.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: how often do you wash?

Patrick96LT4 said:
I wash mine 3-4 times a week also.

I also HATE dust on my car.

I put it away clean so the next time I go out the car is PERFECT.

:thumbsup:
Yea.... lots of construction by me... there is always beige dust on my car. ARG!!!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I usually take it to the local hand wash car wash when it's dirty, and the weather forecast calls for more then 2 clear days. I drive it every day so, I'm not real anal about it.

Actually, it's dusty now and the forecast is calling for rain. We'll see when it gets washed again, which should be real soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2-4 times a week....people are starting to look at me funny anymore.

My Dad asked me when I'm getting the hose out

Dad- "What are you doing?"
Me- "Washing the GS"
Dad- "Does it need to be washed?"
Me- "Yeah its a GS"
Dad- "Ok"

:D

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
MongooseLT4 said:
2-4 times a week....people are starting to look at me funny anymore.

My Dad asked me when I'm getting the hose out

Dad- "What are you doing?"
Me- "Washing the GS"
Dad- "Does it need to be washed?"
Me- "Yeah its a GS"
Dad- "Ok"

:D
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
1-2 times aweek depending on weather, mine is a daily and is black so as we all know it shows everything.
I am anal about it and freely admit it!

I just bought some more (24) microfibre towels today. They are small 12 x 16. I now have 30 of them! When I put them on the counter, the woman at the register looked at me kinda funny.....

Just thought about it, I haven't washed wife's car now in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, someone has to be different....I don't wash my car at all. :surprised It's not a daily driver, and typically sees about 1,500 miles per year. The car is very clean (I like to show it), but I just choose to keep it that way using a different method, that's all.

A quality, carnauba-based quick detail spray combined with quality microfiber towels is how I choose to maintain the finish between polishing/waxing. I have always found hand washing to be more time consuming than the use of a QD spray, not to mention chasing the elusive water drips after a wash - no thanks.

There are several other Corvette owners that I know that implement the same system, although I would not recommend it for a daily driver.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Kramer said:
...It's not a daily driver, and typically sees about 1,500 miles per year. The car is very clean (I like to show it),...
If you drive the car only 1,500 miles per year (which is about 4 miles per day, 28 miles per week, or 125 miles per month) how do you get it to where you show it? Do you invite people over to your garage?:D

Ray

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wash it maybe once-a-month. California duster it 3-4 times per week. It's Torch Red that only has "Gold Class" on it.:buhbye:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Re: Re: How often do you wash your Corvette?

Torch Red 2K said:
I hate dust to but I'm not anal about. As long as it is respectablly clean I find it is more fun to drive than to reclean everything

:agree: I only wash mine when it gets dirty, usually once a week as I live on a dirt road. :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts