Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all wondered how often to change the oil in our GEN III/IV engine powered Corvettes. With today’s advances in the engineering of engines, synthetic oils, and oil filter technology how often do we truly need to change the oil in our prized possession? Unfortunately, there are as many opinions as there are Corvette owners. Some stick with what we have all been programmed at some point or another, which is changing it every 3 months or 3,000 miles. Others rely solely on the Corvette’s on-board Oil Life Monitoring System and change the oil when the car tells them to. I have also heard some individuals waiting until 5,000 – 7,000 miles. I personally change the oil on my daily driven '99 FRC w/ 108,000 miles when the DIC reads between 10%-15%. What do you do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drive a 2000 coupe coming up on 100k miles. Generally I start ordering or lining up supplies for an oil/oil filter change with the onboard says i'm at 20%. I've let it hit 0% before, "Change oil soon" to "Change oil NOW"... but I don't it's attitude so I change before it hits 0% ;)

:cheers:

kasp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts