fast 90/90
36 pound fuel injectors
hardened pushrods
timing chain
32 or 3600 stall torque converter
build the trans
tune
:devil:

im sure im forgetting something right now if i can think of it ill post it my question is is this going to be realistic for the street and am i going to need anything else

the car is a 2000 with about 56xxx miles
the mods are lg pros borla cat back vortex intake

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds Stout

were doing a head and cam package and thinking about this

LG head and cam combo-g5x3 112 lsa afr 205 heads
oil pump
underdrive pully
fast 90/90
36 pound fuel injectors
hardened pushrods
timing chain
32 or 3600 stall torque converter
build the trans
tune
:devil:

im sure im forgetting something right now if i can think of it ill post it my question is is this going to be realistic for the street and am i going to need anything else

the car is a 2000 with about 56xxx miles
the mods are lg pros borla cat back vortex intake

Man you did your homwork. I am going down the same road. Saving a little more money though. I live in FL. So I think I am going to give Jememy a call and see what he thinks. Let me know how it turns out. Are you doing the instll work or subbing it out?

Take Care,

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man you did your homwork. I am going down the same road. Saving a little more money though. I live in FL. So I think I am going to give Jememy a call and see what he thinks. Let me know how it turns out. Are you doing the instll work or subbing it out?

Take Care,
yea ive been emailing lg and talking on the phone with them and talking to my tuner so im pretty set on what we want im just wondering if i need to go with a smaller cam even though lg said there should be no problems on the street

and no im not doing it my self im having powerhouse performance in orland park do it for us

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Banned
622 Posts

Take Care,
I'm on the same page your on. I'm saving every nickel I can. Working every double in site, at work. It will take some time, but I will kick its a$$.:laughing: Keep us informed, how it all works out. Thats preaty mutch the same set up I'm looking at. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
talked to our installer and they scared my dad away from the x3 they said its not street friendly so looks like were going to have to go a little smaller:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GUESS NOBODY CAN HELP:toilet

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think you'll be fine. It won't be stock manners with a 3600 stall but you will get use to it. For the power you will be putting down, it's well worth it! Your car is going to run damn good!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you'll be fine. It won't be stock manners with a 3600 stall but you will get use to it. For the power you will be putting down, it's well worth it! Your car is going to run damn good!
yea i would love to have the x3 but we might step it down to a x1 or x2 still need to do some reaserch

·
Registered
106 Posts
yea i would love to have the x3 but we might step it down to a x1 or x2 still need to do some reaserch
I ran the X2 and it was a good cam. I will admit that I did need 4.10's to put it in the powerband a little quicker but other than that, it was a good cam and pulled pretty good up top. Note, this was in my F-body but I did make 422rwhp 396 ft lb with cam, lt's, and bolt on's. Not to shabby! I even had stock LS1 heads!

Tony

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ran the X2 and it was a good cam. I will admit that I did need 4.10's to put it in the powerband a little quicker but other than that, it was a good cam and pulled pretty good up top. Note, this was in my F-body but I did make 422rwhp 396 ft lb with cam, lt's, and bolt on's. Not to shabby! I even had stock LS1 heads!

Tony
nice numbers

but yea i want a nice size cam without going to big and not going to small and not being satisfied and wishing we went bigger

·
Registered
106 Posts
nice numbers

but yea i want a nice size cam without going to big and not going to small and not being satisfied and wishing we went bigger
I think the X1 or X2 might be the ticket for you! You also might want to look in MTI cams. They make good all around cams. I've ran two of their cams in my current car. They both made great power under the curve. Shoot me a PM if you want further info.

Tony

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pm sent:cheers:

·
Registered
618 Posts
i think those 36 lb injectors might be a little large. I've seen many forced induction applications run as small as the ford 30 lb injectors which seem to be the only ford part Ls1 owners will even look at. I'd suggest 32-34lb at the most. I believe your corvette has a difference fuel system than my 97 which has a return line.

For your TC, unless you're doing alot of strip runs, the 3200 will be more than enough for that SOTP go feeling. I'm curious what brand you're going with.

I've heard nothing but praise for the AFR heads for LS1s

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think those 36 lb injectors might be a little large. I've seen many forced induction applications run as small as the ford 30 lb injectors which seem to be the only ford part Ls1 owners will even look at. I'd suggest 32-34lb at the most. I believe your corvette has a difference fuel system than my 97 which has a return line.

For your TC, unless you're doing alot of strip runs, the 3200 will be more than enough for that SOTP go feeling. I'm curious what brand you're going with.

I've heard nothing but praise for the AFR heads for LS1s
i called lg and 36 is what they recomended and my tuner recomended 42 which i know is to much for what we need

the tc we would be doing is a vigilante

·
Registered
618 Posts
i called lg and 36 is what they recomended and my tuner recomended 42 which i know is to much for what we need

the tc we would be doing is a vigilante
ooo precision. nice choice

i suppose 36 wouldn't hurt as long as it's tuned well.... plus if you decide to go FI or nitrous later, it will be one less part you'll need.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ooo precision. nice choice

i suppose 36 wouldn't hurt as long as it's tuned well.... plus if you decide to go FI or nitrous later, it will be one less part you'll need.
yea i dont think well being doing that......ever lol just becuase of the wear the nitros puts on the parts

does anyone know of a cam just inbetween the g5x1 and the x2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts