Registered
547 Posts
Another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't really know how that is going to reduce squeaks or rattles. Are those just foam type seals? If so, I have seen roofs come in with those stuck into the corners, but figured they were there to eliminate water and wind leaks. Good luck!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't really know how that is going to reduce squeaks or rattles. Are those just foam type seals? If so, I have seen roofs come in with those stuck into the corners, but figured they were there to eliminate water and wind leaks. Good luck!
They feel like a velcro thing. Not the hooked end but the furry part.

BTW, I am making an appointment with Corvette Sports, the guy you recommended to take a look at my roof leaks. Maybe he will realign it or something and prevent the problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
They feel like a velcro thing. Not the hooked end but the furry part.

BTW, I am making an appointment with Corvette Sports, the guy you recommended to take a look at my roof leaks. Maybe he will realign it or something and prevent the problem.

Oh ok, pretty much the same thing. We sell the dealer installed anti squeak front pads here http://www.melrosecorvetteparts.com/products/C4-84%252d96-Corvette-Roof-Anti-Squeak-Insulator-Pads.html
which is what I thought you were first referring to. Corvette Sports are a great bunch of guys and know what they are doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 86L - 88 top for my 85 and it looks like I need to replace the mounts on the windshield side to the 86L style on my 85 and the top (incidentaly it is new) will work??

·
Registered
1 Posts
starting problems

1988 corvette can sit for days and start no problem. But when the temp. is normal you have to grind a long time for it to start. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts