Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in July of 2000 Vette Magizine did an article (as I noted in the thread title) on installing 255/60-15s on the front and 275/60-15s on the rear.

They indicated the wider 255/60-15s were a stock option and worked just fine at all four corners.

If you wanted the larger 275s on the back it required one to move the parking brake bracket. A simple tasks as they called it.

Anyone do this? got any photos of the 255 front and 275 back combo?

·
Registered
972 Posts
255s were an option from 78-82. The 275 is only 1" inch taller and 3/4" wider, you wont have any problems on the rear.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
255s were an option from 78-82. The 275 is only 1" inch taller and 3/4" wider, you wont have any problems on the rear.

The rubber of a 275 will hit the parking brake bracket on a '79.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Relocate the E brake cable and bracket to the top of the trailing arm. If you have
lowered the car you may have to shorten the rear spring. You may also have the sway
bar to deal with but with 275's you shouldn't have any problems.

Hope this helps,
Riggs.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No welder, No relocate.
I have seen some that have just been able to tie back the E brake cable to the side
of the trailing arm with no troubles, mine was that way when I bought the car but I
have since moved it to the top.

Riggs.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess we'll call it part of the lack of QC in the late 70's when the brackets were installed. :laughing:

I've got about 1/2" between the rubber and the parking brake bracket with the stock 225 tires on right now.

thanks for the pic.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts