Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't want to void my warranty my car is a daily driver so any suggestion on getting 400 rwhp
headers ?kooks most likely
intake?
exhaust ?
and later on i want a&a corvette to blown my car to 600+ hp

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i don't want to void my warranty my car is a daily driver so any suggestion on getting 400 rwhp
headers ?kooks most likely
intake?
exhaust ?
and later on i want a&a corvette to blown my car to 600+ hp
When you add headers and a tune it will void the warranty:thumbsup: .
Headers,Tune,Vararam and Spacer(Won`t Show On Dyno),ported intake,ported throttle body,160 t-stat,and some pulleys should get you there:cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
For GM to void the warranty due to modification they must prove that the modification is the proximate cause of the failure, so you should not have any problem with the mods you are looking at.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
My car was fixed under warranty recently. I had an electrical problem on my LPE motor and the dealer fixed under my extended warranty. It helped my motor was installed by a GMPP certified shop.

GM Rocks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
710 Posts
For GM to void the warranty due to modification they must prove that the modification is the proximate cause of the failure, so you should not have any problem with the mods you are looking at.
Ummm... No they don't. Its up to you to prove the mods DIDN'T cause the problem not the other way around.

·
Registered
161 Posts
When you add headers and a tune it will void the warranty:thumbsup: .
Many posts on this subject... Bolt ons like that will not void any warranted part on the car unless your service mgr is a complete putz, and even then it just means you'll have to fight 'em. You'll still get your fix under warranty.

Just had my tranny re-sealed under warranty w/ my bolt ons. Know what they said? "Nice work on the mods!":D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Many posts on this subject... Bolt ons like that will not void any warranted part on the car unless your service mgr is a complete putz, and even then it just means you'll have to fight 'em. You'll still get your fix under warranty.

Just had my tranny re-sealed under warranty w/ my bolt ons. Know what they said? "Nice work on the mods!":D
What's the Comp Gray Wheel Club? I wanta join! :cheers:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey. I have the exact car you do and have the same goal in mind. I'm at 375RWHP with Vararam air intake, Kooks headers, corsa touring/x pipe and high flow cats, t-stat, HP Tune, throttle body spacer ($4100). I just bought the FAST intake manifold with assembly kit for LS2 $820 (15-20 more hp) and will get an MAF, probably by Lingenfelter (some here said maybe an additional 5-8rwhp with that and that it was superior to granatelli). I'm guessing I'll be at or near 400rwhp, especially since my mechanic just took a workshop on how to exploit the HP Tuners software even more, as he only squeezed out 12rwhp with the tune thus far. I'll let you know what I end up with. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts