Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a topic in mind, that's great. Get in touch with me and let's talk about it. I'll want to know what the topic is, whether and how you'll get photos for it and how big you think the article will be. I'll also want to know when you plan on doing it, and some contact information. If it all sounds good, you're free to charge ahead.

With that, you'll become a TECH Exchange Writer and you'll find that there is a "Working" forum available here. You can use this as your working area, or just to post your finished work. Either way, you have to tell me when your article is ready for editing.

Once your work is reviewed and accepted, it will be moved to a topic forum and become visible for all to admire. If you enjoyed doing this, you can start on another one if you like.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don,

I just replaced a Clutch Return Spring on a C5 Z06. I have photos, part number and the details.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Curt.

You can post to the "Working area" in the TECH Exchange forums.

Best... Don

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
If you have a topic in mind, that's great. Get in touch with me and let's talk about it. I'll want to know what the topic is, whether and how you'll get photos for it and how big you think the article will be. I'll also want to know when you plan on doing it, and some contact information. If it all sounds good, you're free to charge ahead.
whoops, I might have jumped the gun a bit. I just copied over an old body mount replacement thread I made in the C3 section a while back and put it in the Working Area. It should be ready for editing at this point pending your approval...

Just trying to get a good understanding of how the tech section works and I obviously already screwed up. Should have read the instructions here first :laughing:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem at all. When we've got a thousand articles published, it'll become a little more crucial.

Thanks... Don

·
Registered
23 Posts
How to properly replace the door trim on late model c6

I took my c6 door panel off and did some insualtion on the door. No problem in removal or insualtion work.
Is there some trick to installing the door tirm back so the top clips hook and the seal fits properly. I got it on but it doesn't seem to fit as tight as it did at the window seal. I pushed the flap under the panel top edge and that helped but it seems like I almost shoudl have removed the top inside seal along with the door panel. It's not the grommets as they are all good and tight.

What am missing and is there a sequence or trick to this????

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So will all years will be jumbled together in tech exchange?
We'll try to clearly identify the applicable generation(s) that an article applies to. If we get enough of a library that separate forums are justified, then we'll restructure it then.

Thanks... Don

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Probably a very good idea all-in-all. Maybe there could be hot links in the individal tech sections to the related articles, or some kind of organization pull down (sort-by).

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
The reason I mentioned this is there are probably a lot of people who only look at a couple of sections.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
As soon as the parts get here, I will be installing an upgraded fuel system on my '00 using this kit http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=342_228&products_id=2118

I will also be performing an engine swap including a conversion from LS1 to a 402 LS2 sometime early next year (the short block wont be here for about 2 months). I know there is a lot to that, and can break it up into specific sections as you see fit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As soon as the parts get here, I will be installing an upgraded fuel system on my '00 using this kit http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=342_228&products_id=2118

I will also be performing an engine swap including a conversion from LS1 to a 402 LS2 sometime early next year (the short block wont be here for about 2 months). I know there is a lot to that, and can break it up into specific sections as you see fit.
Absolutely. Congrats on the project. Keep us in mind.

Thanks... Don

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I will be removing the stock Z06 Ti axle back and replacing it with a borla dual tip stinger system. I will be taking pictures :thumbsup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will be removing the stock Z06 Ti axle back and replacing it with a borla dual tip stinger system. I will be taking pictures :thumbsup:
Great, man. Go for it!

Santa bring that for you? :D

HNY... Don

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Great, man. Go for it!

Santa bring that for you? :D

HNY... Don
haha I wish he did! Got a great deal from SCP :devil:

Santa did bring me SS brake lines though, once I get time I'll install those too (and document).

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Article Idea

Don,

Working on sorting out the wiring for my 1970 roadster. Best way for me to understand is to disassemble and document. I was lucky enough to have an original unchanged harness to model. I am almost done with color Visio diagrams of the stock wiring and was thinking of publishing in the tech exchange.

Several pages of information, assuming you like the idea need to know best way to post. Perhaps the file can be available as a download? Free reader on Microsoft site. Thanks.

·
Registered
464 Posts
AF DON,

I am in the process installing an LT1 in first generation C4. I am doing the tear down on the motor and rebuilding it myself. I am also installing the motor, trans, and rewiring the car and ECU myself. I'm not sure anyone else would be interested but may make a good article. I will picture document everything and show the electrical schematic. Let me know.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Hi Don, I just removed and rebuilt the M21 Muncie trans on my 66 big block. I was interested in writing up a piece about how to do this job. I have some pictures and a good start on the outline but I would probably need some help with balloons on the pictures for clarity. Please let me know if you need more info.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts