Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 40 of 145 Posts

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
I won't try to explain the differences, because they are too vast and you wouldn't get it anyway.
Why not explain the differences? Is it that we are the good guys and they are the bad guys? Is it that god is behind us? Is it that our system is much better than theirs?

Until we realize that freedom is not given to other countries, and realize that it is won by those countries just like it was won by us for us, we will be seen by the Arab and Muslim world as invaders and never as liberators. And as long as they see us as invaders of their lands we will not be safe in our land.

How would you react if some other country came here and told us that our system was wrong and killed our leaders, or gave Texas back to the Mexicans, because it is rightfully theirs.

Any reasonable look at the situation in the Middle east, makes us look like the bad guys. And thumping your chest and saying that we are the good guys doesn't change the truth.

·
Banned
3,027 Posts
From Senator Obama...

“Here’s the truth: the Soviet Union had thousands of nuclear weapons and Iran doesn’t have a single one. But when the world was on the brink of nuclear holocaust, Kennedy talked to Khrushchev and he got those missiles out of Cuba. Why shouldn’t we have the same courage and the confidence to talk to our enemies? That’s what strong countries do, that’s what strong presidents do, that’s what I’ll do when I’m president of the United States of America."

“So, you know, for all their tough talk, one of the things you have to ask yourself is what are George Bush and John McCain afraid of? Demanding that a country meets all your conditions before you meet with them, that’s not a strategy; it’s just naïve, wishful thinking. I’m not afraid that we’ll lose some propaganda fight with a dictator. It’s time for America to win those battles, because we’ve watched George Bush lose them year after year after year. It’s time to restore our security and our standing in the world."

“And you can vote for John McCain and nothing will change.”

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
That's the Ayatolla returning to Iran in 1979. He was exiled from Iran in 1964. He initially resided in Turkey before being welcomed by Iraq. From there he made several speeches against the Shah. Soon student protests turned to revolt and the capture of the US Embassy in Tehran.

Why was the Ayatolla so pissed at the US? Because we supported the Shah in a 1953 power struggle. Muslims in Iran still talk about that feeling of betrayal. To this day, the US Embassy building stands vacant. The Iranian Quds force patrols its grounds to keep it safe from damage in the hopes of it reopenning one day.
http://www.takeoverworld.info/images/percolating_violence.jpg
Amazing how little has changed.
Arc of Crisis

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Why not explain the differences? Is it that we are the good guys and they are the bad guys? Is it that god is behind us? Is it that our system is much better than theirs?

Until we realize that freedom is not given to other countries, and realize that it is won by those countries just like it was won by us for us, we will be seen by the Arab and Muslim world as invaders and never as liberators. And as long as they see us as invaders of their lands we will not be safe in our land.

How would you react if some other country came here and told us that our system was wrong and killed our leaders, or gave Texas back to the Mexicans, because it is rightfully theirs.

Any reasonable look at the situation in the Middle east, makes us look like the bad guys. And thumping your chest and saying that we are the good guys doesn't change the truth.
profound..:agree:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
........and covertly surgically remove criminal leaders. Then, when I go out into those areas to conduct business, I am not viewed as an arm of the occupier.

Duh.

x1000

the good old days of keeping he peace before the crybabies had a pissy fit over this....

"In 1974 the Congress established a committee to investigate possible U.S. involvement in plots to assassinate foreign leaders deemed hostile to U.S. interests. Specifically, the committee investigated the alleged involvement of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in plots to kill Patrice Lumumba of the Congo, Fidel Castro of Cuba, Rafael Trujillo of the Dominican Republic, General Rene Schneider of Chile, and Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam. The absence of a written record and the failing memories of principal witnesses prevented the committee from conclusively demonstrating that presidents Eisenhower, Kennedy, or Nixon personally authorized the assassination of any foreign leader. However, the evidence did show that between 1960 and 1970, the CIA was involved in several assassination plots.

The committee reported its findings in 1975 to a dismayed Congress. Public outcry was loud and immediate. At the urging of both the House of Representatives and the Senate, President gerald r. ford signed an Executive Order banning all federal employees from committing assassination as a tool of U.S foreign policy or for any other reason. Exec. Order No. 11905. The order was extended by President ronald reagan 15 years later to also preclude hired assassins."

So when the next goofball raises his voice about stupid shait...
We dont need to do any rebuttal saber rattling....
Just an M107 click.. done.

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
Didn't we force Iraq to change their government? Didn't we destroy it's government and run their country?

Are you calling the USA terrorists? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
No, we didn't kill 3,000 of their civilians.:thumbsup:

BTW, I've said this before but I guess it fell upon liberal ears.

THE IRAQI PEOPLE WANT US THERE! They love us and are grateful that we freed them. I'd say that all you need to do is ask one, but you can't, you are too worried about gas prices.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts

THE IRAQI PEOPLE WANT US THERE! They love us and are grateful that we freed them. I'd say that all you need to do is ask one, but you can't, you are too worried about gas prices.:rolleyes:
:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
The whole 'was Iraq worth it' arguement all boils down to not finding the WMD. If we found some, it would all be a moot point. Since we did not, we retrace our steps to find out why and discover that the intel was flawed. Now we hold hearings to see if anyone at the top knew it was flawed or not.
Or it just doesn't get reported. Check out the "declassified" documents.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
I didn't realize so many right wingers are........wait, I better not. :laughing: I've got to stop reading these threads, or i'll lose the $10 bet that Patrick never took up. :laughing: :smack

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Step up brother. Pay the ten bucks and join in the conversation. Say what you gotta to say. We're all fairly intelligent. I think the back and forth has been great for all of us.... think it over. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,732 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
we have a long tradition of not negotiating with terrorists. the president of iran was, is, and always will be- a terrorist. He was involved and participated in the embassy take over in iran that had us citizens held hostage by iranians for over a year. he was 1 of them. we do not negotiate with terrorists.

russia was a completely different animal. it had a centeralized power base, and little was done that the polit buero did not approve. the islamic fanatics have no such centeralized power. there are many differences, but i dont feel like typing them at the moment, as I have to go get ready to meet and greet more grateful and supportive iraqi citizens.

as for not finding any wmd, did you know that saddam burried an entire AIRFIELD so that he would have an airforce when he returned to power. a us soldier found it by tripping over part of an aircraft. what is to say that a lot of the wmd has and is still burried, considering there are tons of it that the un cannot account for.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
we have a long tradition of not negotiating with terrorists. the president of iran was, is, and always will be- a terrorist. He was involved and participated in the embassy take over in iran that had us citizens held hostage by iranians for over a year. he was 1 of them. we do not negotiate with terrorists.

russia was a completely different animal. it had a centeralized power base, and little was done that the polit buero did not approve. the islamic fanatics have no such centeralized power. there are many differences, but i dont feel like typing them at the moment, as I have to go get ready to meet and greet more grateful and supportive iraqi citizens.

as for not finding any wmd, did you know that saddam burried an entire AIRFIELD so that he would have an airforce when he returned to power. a us soldier found it by tripping over part of an aircraft. what is to say that a lot of the wmd has and is still burried, considering there are tons of it that the un cannot account for.
Russia is almost as bad as Iran.
Just in a different way.

·
Banned
3,027 Posts

According to the “official” Bush Administration version of the events on 9/11, of the nineteen hijackers, their countries of origin and numbers were as follows: Saudi Arabia (15), United Arab Emirates (2), Egypt (1) and Lebanon (1). Well, the United States is certainly teaching those countries a lesson, huh?

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
According to the “official” Bush Administration version of the events on 9/11, of the nineteen hijackers, their countries of origin and numbers were as follows: Saudi Arabia (15), United Arab Emirates (2), Egypt (1) and Lebanon (1). Well, the United States is certainly teaching those countries a lesson, huh?
We aren't in Iraq because of 9/11. The reason I said that is because the liberal machine said that we Americans are terrorists for freeing the people of Iraq. :crazy:

Basically, Bush wanted a reason to go into Iraq, I don't know why the Bush family has a problem with Iraq but hopefully, now that Saddam was hanged, it's over and that's behind us.:rolleyes:

Personally, I never agreed with us going into Iraq, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, but we went there, and we started something, it is our responsibility and our duty to finish it. We don't want to just pull out and let Iraq become another post-WWI Germany because we all know how that turned out.

I never thought I'd see the day when my wonderful country would be called "terrorist" by one of it's own citizens. It only proves to me that my theory is correct, which is that you should have to EARN your citizenship by serving at least two years in our nations military, but then that would be taking away the freedom of choice which is what made this country so great to begin with.

But I digress, for we have gotten waaaaay off topic, to bring us back on topic I offer this:

Yeah, that's a good idea, let's disarm ourselves so the terrorists can just walk in and take over, good job dumbshit.

I hope and pray with all my heart that you, Obama, NEVER EVER achieve office, it will be the end of this nation if you do.:down:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I happen to like that Chinese fellow, Sun Tschui (sp?)....Art of War.....

First off, we take the troops outta there, ALL of them from everywhere, we pull out diplomatic types out, and advise the Brits to quietly do the same....

We instantly through the use of computers, BANKRUPT the central banks of ALL islamic countries....by stealing their assets and deposit USA Treasury, this pays off our debt ......the buck immediately heads NORTH on the currency markets.....

we start lobbing bombs from NAVAL forces into their power centers, from platforms they simply can NOT TOUCH in retaliation....take out the....

power plants, transportation, communications, WATER (it's a desert!), we do this to the entire islamic cult at once all over the world.....wipe out any chance of ANY of their major cities to survive, the resulting acts of nature will kill anyone left....riots, fine love it .....we hit those mosques on the BEST most perfectly packed daze of worship...kill as many as we can....then fly over with leaflets the like of which make those european cartoons seem mild.....totally mocking their allah and showing him/them to be totally powerless to put a stop to us/their plight......

as for Bin Laden, one of our demands is his head on a platter along with his top 1000 guys, quite literally along with DNA, only we do not stop then....

we continue to eliminate the islamic cults untill there are NONE left......

before you all condemn me as nutz or something, think of this....the resounding CHEER from EVERY border country along the islamic cult empire would totally drown out the crying from within that empire.....
the whole world could breathe a sign of relief, from SE asia, India, Africa, EUROPE, and YES, even Russia (who has had a thousand year war with islam wether we see it or not)

Lets think positive and progresssive about this for once and forall, quit bellyaching and pandering to the problem, the problem is OBVIOUS, and I dont give a **** how many 'STATE' department folks want to cry the liberal mantra....'why can't we all just get along'.....the answer is obvious....it's written in their damn koran...i'ts a freeking beleif system with them, the very CORE of that beleif system is their 'god' allah and their religious leaders, which need be destroyed from top down.....with total and complete ridicule....

UNTILL we do the above, and we continue to enrich that cult with OUR hard earned money, we are voluntarily enslaving ourselves to stupid people ruling supid people, and tolerating their bullshit, which makes me wonder about OUR collective stupidity....really....

as for the GREENIES and their collective stupidity, THEY are the reason we are having to fight this war in the FIRST place....but that's another post sometime......

:thumbsup: :nuts:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
“Here’s the truth: the Soviet Union had thousands of nuclear weapons and Iran doesn’t have a single one. But when the world was on the brink of nuclear holocaust, Kennedy talked to Khrushchev and he got those missiles out of Cuba. Why shouldn’t we have the same courage and the confidence to talk to our enemies? That’s what strong countries do, that’s what strong presidents do, that’s what I’ll do when I’m president of the United States of America."

.”
I would only hope that someone could please show this idiot the video of Nicholas Berg and then ask him if he still wants to play tiddlywinks have tea with terrorists regimes. The Russians may have been Communists like Obama, but they weren't savages. And Kennedy didn't simply "talk to Khrushchev" he told Khrushchev under no uncertain terms that if he didn't immediately remove his missiles from Cuba and turn his ships around that the shooting would start and we would let the chips would fall where they may. Something that took balls... another thing that Obama is clearly lacking.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Another point on wepons.

Our country has a bad habit of companies developing high tech weapons and selling them to other countires.

IMHO, that should be stopped.
Imagine if our predator rc jet was unknown to the world.
We could have taken out the Iranian leader and nobody would have known for sure who did it.
We sold our spyplanes to china, missle defence systems, our new microwave raygun hummer is up for sale,

We have micromachines under development the size of butterflies that can fly indoors and kill a human.
But we keep showing it off and putting it up for sale.

21 - 40 of 145 Posts