Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bolts to turn and what bushings to cut. Any tutorial, preferrably with photos?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Three words - Pfadt Coil over Shocks! :thumbsup:
Whats that run $? about 2 grand? I wonder its an easy install.

P.S. I count 4 words...

There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those that can count, and those that can't.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Whats that run $? about 2 grand? I wonder its an easy install.

P.S. I count 4 words...

There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those that can count, and those that can't.
LOL, coilover is one word. No space needed. That would be a way to go though. I wonder how much different it is to lower as compared to the C5s. Does the suspension get out of wack if you go past just lowering it on stock bolts? Somebody should do a write up on this like the C5 section has.

Josh

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just lowered mine with the stock bolts.
1/2in. rear - 1-1/4in. front... sits very nice.
Had alignment checked... it was perfect.

·
Registered
145 Posts
look mine is slammed approx 2.5". stock bolts no bushings, i bought for $50 bucks. u could just take stock bolts out n cut off bushing w/ a dremel. the ride quality is still great not bouncy at all. pretty still u can feel the road, thats how i like it. u can do all this for free 99.:thumbsup:

·
Only green will do...
18,402 Posts
i have seen the vettes on these posts with being lowered they look awesome but be careful too low then you have problems post pics when you are done

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would only lower the car with the stock lowering bolts. Anything more than that and you compromise the handling of the Z06.
I would also change out the rear sway bar for a C6/Z51 sway bar.
Bob B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts