Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on CorvetteActionCenter.com and it worked like a champ to resolve my security "LOC" on my C5's stereo

Procedure:

01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
09. Press 620529 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (star) [IF THE "620529" doesn't work, try 206053, 202107, 106010 or 202108.]
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC

Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
? Why does the stereo "loc"....?

Also, Patrick, why are your C5's locking every possible function they can with you as the new owner? :laughing:

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
I disconnected the battery. Arg.
You gotta go through that song and dance every time you loose power? Screw that...my 30 second solution would be my BFH and a new aftermarket radio. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Great info, Thanks Patrick... But the best way to end all of that trouble is just to upgrade the head unit:D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts

Also, Patrick, why are your C5's locking every possible function they can with you as the new owner? :laughing:
It's a theft deterrent feature.

·
Registered
673 Posts
this only locks if the security feature of the radio is enabled and the battery is disconnected, then reconnected. If you don't have the security feature of the radio enabled, disconnecting then reconnecting the battery will have no effect.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
this only locks if the security feature of the radio is enabled and the battery is disconnected, then reconnected. If you don't have the security feature of the radio enabled, disconnecting then reconnecting the battery will have no effect.
That feature can be turned off too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If one remembers the security code it isn't a prob at all, Or as others have said, Just turn off the anti theft and be done with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Patrick,
You rock! I just changed a fifteen year old ( yes I know that's hard to believe) Interstate battery in my 99 vette only to find the locked condition. Followed your steps. Success. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found this on CorvetteActionCenter.com and it worked like a champ to resolve my security "LOC" on my C5's stereo

Procedure:

01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
09. Press 620529 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (star) [IF THE "620529" doesn't work, try 206053, 202107, 106010 or 202108.]
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC

Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
These instructions were great, except step 13... do you push both buttons at the same time, or one then the other? Also, how do you enter the number "9" when the radio only has numbers 1 thru 6?
If you can answer my questions, I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hello, do you have to do that song and dance routine every time you lose power?
Yes, as long as it is active. It is a theft deterrent feature.
It can be turned off though.

How often are you losing power?

Reactions: alijawaa
1 - 19 of 19 Posts