Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys
I have just received the new car and driver issue in the mail.
The following killers are featured on the cover - Ford's GT - Ferrari’s Stradale and the 911 GT3 - head to head world war style.
After reading the article I have reached the following conclusions.
I am delighted to see that the Ford has annihilated the European competition and buried them in the dust (3.3 0-60- 127Mph in the 1/4 mile). It is a strenuous procedure for me to be happy with a ford being on top as I am a Chevy guy - but the fact that this is an American Vehicle that kicks foreign ASS (can I say ASS here?:D ) allows me to deviate from my “highly seasoned” belief.
2nd conclusion: The Z06 is quicker than the Porsche and the Ferrari in the quarter mile. It just feels great to know that our own cars are able shred into pieces the best that Europe has to offer and for a fraction of $$$.
3rd conclusion: The C6 coupe will be quicker than the Z06 - probably in the 1/4 mile #’s as more displacement means more power and torque - has to - with a 6Lt engine.
Now that I have said the essence of what I had to say - who wants to race :D
David

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I don't dislike Fords and I'm very happy to see American cars dominating the best of Europe. I just read Motor Trends' comparison of the new Viper and the Ford GT and they are pretty neck and neck. Looks like the C6 Corvette is going to fit in very nicely with the other American supercars. I think the next Z06 will better all of the competition.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I just like the fact that every time you see a super car shoot out the Corvette is always there holding it's own for about a third of the price.
Now spend the same money and see what happens.:D

·
Super Moderator
10,131 Posts
raidmagic said:
I just like the fact that every time you see a super car shoot out the Corvette is always there holding it's own for about a third of the price.
Now spend the same money and see what happens.:D
:agree:

That's what it's all about - plus starting with the C5 (continuing with the C6, I'm sure) significantly improved build quality makes the vette a fantastic value.

I am, however concerned about Hill's promise that the base C6 will out perform the C5 Z06. So many weight savings have been ruled out and the order sheet does say 3214 lbs. If the LS2 really "only" has 405-410 HP and weighs 3214, that promise can not be kept.

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Competition is good. We should be happy when other manufacturers come out with exciting cars.

Either GM will stay on their toes, or there will be other cool cars to buy....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts