Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_huckabee2012

I like what he would have brought to the race. No way he would have won, but he always brings an air of respect and thoughtfullness. He's not like the Palin, Pawlenty, & Romney puppets.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Or Obama... especially Obama.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Newt joined, I assume to take a few punches from Mitt to demonstrate Mitt's "conservative" principles.. :laughing:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what his statement should have been:

"Only sick, twisted, gluttons for punishment with no morals against lying would want the job. A sad fact I discovered when I ran last time. After some intense counselling, I am feeling much better, now."

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The only mainstream candidate who supported the flat tax. Too bad.

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
It is very unfortunate, I like what he has to say and he is very well spoken (without a teleprompter).
Agreed! I loved how he interviewed (at least the ones I followed during the last election). He always answered directly and with reason, not with emotion and political banter. Very refreshing. We're at a loss without him running.

The only mainstream candidate who supported the flat tax. Too bad.
:( I still boggles me that more Americans don't support this. Then again, that would require understanding percentages and words like equality.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It is very unfortunate, I like what he has to say and he is very well spoken (without a teleprompter).
:agree: Huck would have been a strong and effective conservative plain-speaking honorable president. Unlike most politicians on both sides.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
No surprise here.

I like Huck, but he's just tooo religious for most of the country to get behind him, and the odds are stacked on the seated potus.

Smart move for him.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Newt joined, I assume to take a few punches from Mitt to demonstrate Mitt's "conservative" principles.. :laughing:
Damn, right on cue... :laughing:

Gingrich Calls GOP Medicare Plan 'Right-Wing Social Engineering'

White House hopeful Newt Gingrich called the House Republican plan for Medicare "right-wing social engineering," injecting a discordant GOP voice into the party's efforts to reshape both entitlements and the broader budget debate.

In the same interview Sunday, on NBC's "Meet the Press," Mr. Gingrich backed a requirement that all Americans buy health insurance, complicating a Republican line of attack on President Barack Obama's health law.

The former House speaker's decision to stick with his previous support for an individual mandate comes days after former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney defended the health revamp he championed as governor, which includes a mandate.

The moves suggest the Republican primary contest, which will include both men, could feature a robust debate on health care, with GOP candidates challenging the Democratic law while defending their own variations.

Later Sunday, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, he also acknowledged that many Republicans are uncomfortable with requiring insurance coverage but challenged them to offer an alternative solution. "Most Republican voters agree with the principle that people have some responsibility to pay for their costs," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-right-wing-social-engineering/#ixzz1MWfkJ6Kn

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I am already really enjoying the GOP primary season. Its going to provide some great laughs. We've already had Trump come and go, Huckabee is now on the sidelines, and Newt is already sucker punching Mitt.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Trump just bailed... :laughing:

O M G The GOP is going to offer the man who loosely fathered Obamacare... this is going to be a fun election season.. :crazy:

:rolling:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Mornings with Trump ?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Trump just bailed... :laughing:

O M G The GOP is going to offer the man who loosely fathered Obamacare... this is going to be a fun election season.. :crazy:

:rolling:
My post was perfectly timed. :laughing: I meant he was gone as a figure of speech. Less than an hour later uts fact. :thumbsup:

Thats what happens when you start building your campaign on a proven falsehood.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
My post was perfectly timed. :laughing: I meant he was gone as a figure of speech. Less than an hour later uts fact. :thumbsup:

Thats what happens when you start building your campaign on a proven falsehood.
It wasn't proven... that was the problem. Now it's proven. Thus the end of the debate. This is due to his divisive and deceptive nature.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Looks like the Bilderberg group got to him and told him the way things would go down. He must not have been in line with their plan and decided to take the high road.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
It wasn't proven... that was the problem. Now it's proven. Thus the end of the debate. This is due to his divisive and deceptive nature.
It was proven when he released his short birth certificate. Its not his fault people didnt believe the facts.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
No... no he didn't. He released a copy of a certificate of live birth... and not his birth certificate. Thus adding to the intrigue and speculation(divisive and deceptive). In addition to new accusations such as Kenya not officially becoming Kenya for an additional 3 years after the birth Of Obama... yet there it is on his copy of live birth.

This speaks far worse of your side then it does ours. You plain and simply didn't give a **** if he was or was not... or why he was spending millions on hiding his past... or what it was he was/is hiding. An issue still glaring with almost as much validity today, as it was the day before he released it...

Again... it speaks to his divisive and deceptive nature.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Trump is about as right wing as Dune.. :laughing: That was a setup IMO..

Let's see, faltering economy, gas prices climbing, let's break out the BC and then thaw Bin Laden out and toss him in the sea and get a good pre-election bump.

:laughing:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts