Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cleaned the windshild and noticed inside of the HUD under the clear plastic is a piece of Vinyl that is dry and cracked. Before I get out the service manual and get confused has anyone removed the Bezel and clear plastic from the dash? Any special procedures? The HUD works fine and most people would not notice the problem but I know it's there!
Suggestions?:thud:
V8GRA :buhbye:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
V8GRA Can you get any Pictures of it. Might be some thing we all need to look into...?

Hopefully some one has pulled one apart.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That is one of my summer projects. To replace the top plastic piece on my HUD. Got a few small scratches from cleaning I guess.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clear Plastic is OK

That is one of my summer projects. To replace the top plastic piece on my HUD. Got a few small scratches from cleaning I guess.
The clear plastic is in good shape but underneath it is a Vinyl piece that is dry and cracked. I will look in the service manual to see how to remove the bezel and clear plastic unit. I have the 3 volume set of Service manuals but sometimes they are confusing. :thud: :buhbye:
V8GRA

·
Registered
414 Posts
The clear plastic is in good shape but underneath it is a Vinyl piece that is dry and cracked. I will look in the service manual to see how to remove the bezel and clear plastic unit. I have the 3 volume set of Service manuals but sometimes they are confusing. :thud: :buhbye:
V8GRA
I have the same 3 GM Service manuals for my 2001. I will look at them as well. They are a bit confusing at times, but the info should be there.

Darrell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts