Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aloha,
anyone ever had any problems with ther HUD?i was told they are all the same.mine is still perfect and i rarly hear people post about them.i always look at that and the automatic telescopic steering and wonder how long there life span is.:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
aloha,
anyone ever had any problems with ther HUD?i was told they are all the same.mine is still perfect and i rarly hear people post about them.i always look at that and the automatic telescopic steering and wonder how long there life span is.:buhbye:
My hud works great, never had any problems.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt see the shift light,hope its still under warranty.:stick:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Re: Re: HUD

Patrick96LT4 said:

Only Patrick would find that. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't tempt the Fates...they just might hear you...

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RxConsult said:
Don't tempt the Fates...they just might hear you...
good point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
:lookinup: Only problem I've seen was on a new 2004. The customer brought the car in and said the display was difficult to read, which the person who did the predelivery inspection should have noticed but didn't. Every number had a ghost effect to them. I found a bulletin on it to check the windshield. I put vassaline on the windshield were the hud displays, and it now was clear. So this brand new car with less than 50 miles on it had a deffective windshield. Not wrong windshield-defective. Windshields with hud will say hud on the windshied on the passenger bottom corner, and it had it on the windshield. I couldn't watch the guy take out the defective windshield.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great info...i never new that,i guess if my windshield breaks,it won't be cheap,HUD glass and a windshield antenna...

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
No problems with my HUD.......but only 3500 miles so far. Does being in storage hurt the HUD :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi,

I picked up my 99 at the NCM in Oct, 1998. The HUD has never been a problem.. works perfectly.. I wish it would idsplay some additional information.. but I guess I need a C6 for that....:laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,761 Posts
SilverBear said:

:thumbsup:

:partyon:
Military 5 --- Balls to the wall

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Iv'e only had a brief encounter with the blurry numbers when the sun hits,but my limo tint probably helps..:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I L O V E M Y H U D.....

btw, SilverBear, you wouldn't happen to know a pilot by the name "Bear Lemley" would you or anyone??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Re: HUD

Patrick,
Your HUD looks some what different than mine. I just can't place it?

Patrick said:

·
Registered
19 Posts
HUD performance gear guide

Has anybodies seen on their HUD the performance up shift guide. If your not sure about where it is on the HUD its to the right of the 2 on the rpm guide. Its suppose to show you what gear your in. If you look at you owners manual its in there, but I only see it when I first turn the car on. Does anybodies shift guide on their HUD work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts