Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From AutoWeek.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/zoom.pbs&Site=CW&Date=20070731&Category=FREE&ArtNo=70730008&Ref=AR&Profile=1024

H4: Sources say GM has given the green light to market a small SUV for the 2009 model year that will be similar in size to the Jeep Wrangler. Select members of the media have seen it and say it has striking styling that should jump-start the Hummer brand. The smaller, lower-priced SUV is needed to help Hummer become successful outside North America

·
Only green will do...
18,389 Posts
I particularly like hummers but that one looks to much like a pickup truck not that there is anything wrong with pickups but that is going a little overboard so i am giving it:thumbsup: :down:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Sorry, but I like it.:thumbsup:

Hopefully they will put more "grunt" in it though.:rolleyes:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
The pic in that link has been around for a while, it's actually the 'truck version' concept of the H3. This 'truck' is good looking, but if they are going to produce an H4, and it sounds like they are, I hope it's different than this, and produce this as well (as the H3 variant it was originally intended.)

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
The pic in that link has been around for a while, it's actually the 'truck version' concept of the H3. This 'truck' is good looking, but if they are going to produce an H4, and it sounds like they are, I hope it's different than this, and produce this as well (as the H3 variant it was originally intended.)
Ahh, Yes, that would be cool.:thumbsup:

·
Only green will do...
18,389 Posts
I agre if they are planning on making it look like a pickup i am 100% for it:D

·
Registered
759 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Here's a picture of a test mule. After ripping off the Jeep Liberty for the H3 Hummer reached back in the vault and styled the H4 after a Commanchee

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
cut the rockers higher and ditch the rear doors. Then I'd consider it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah hopefully Hummer puts out a great looking jeep competitor and then they will have some competition going. :D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
IMO, the design of the Hummer is getting worse ever since the H1. Now that was a cool car to impress people! Then the H2 was more civilized and now the H3 is just a pussy car, isn't it?:smack

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
IMO, the design of the Hummer is getting worse ever since the H1. Now that was a cool car to impress people! Then the H2 was more civilized and now the H3 is just a pussy car, isn't it?:smack
Absolutely agree. If you haven't seen one up close you might not realize what a POS the H3 is. A corvette is the real deal, it looks fast and… The H3 looks beefy but a close look shows it’s all fake.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
at this rate by 2010 they will have an H10 and it will either be a competitor to the civic or a bulky offroad motorcycle

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Absolutely agree. If you haven't seen one up close you might not realize what a POS the H3 is. A corvette is the real deal, it looks fast and… The H3 looks beefy but a close look shows it’s all fake.
I've seen them, I was on holiday in the USA 2 weeks ago. When I saw the first H1 in my life (about 4 weeks ago:laughing: ) I was like 'wow... that's impressive:partyon: ) And then I saw a strange, high car coming by... and when it came closer I realized it was an H3:crazy: It looks better on pics than it does on the streets:rolleyes:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
It's interesting, I've always really like the H1 and H2. My first impression, seeing the H3 in print ads and on television, was that it was simply a smaller version of the H2. Then I got to get up close and personal with an H3 at the International Auto Show and I was kind of dissapointed, seemed Jeep liberty-ish clad in beefier skin.

But, that changed recently when dawn and I flew up to New Hampshire to visit with her family. As part of the trip Dawn, I and her folks took a three day road trip up to old Quebec for the music festival. Hertz had an H3 available for rental so I thought, what the heck, it's at least roomy enough for four people to fit with our luggage and will make for a nice long test drive, about 600 miles or so round trip, and certainly more "cool" factor than the other cars available. I'll tell you, that was a pretty nice ride. I'm not gonna say it's an H2, but it's absolutely not a Jeep liberty. I actually liked the thing, and enjoyed driving it. I'd still likely step up to the H2 if I were going to actually purchase one, but the H3 in not a bad vehicle.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble guys, but the H3 is very capable off road.:rolleyes: The I-5 engine is it's only downfall, but it isn't much worse than the Wranglers 4.0 V6.:lookinup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts