Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Have had my Z06 stock long enough and am looking at changing the intake first. Looking through a few forums I see a varied choice with the Donaldson Blackwing leading the way. After viewing a West Coast Corvette catalogue I found the Hurricane Air Intake System. It looks a lot like the Blackwing filter with a cover that uses forced air from front air deflector. My question is, has anyone had any experience with this system? Thanks in advance.

Jefe:huh:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
the blackwing is good,yes,but i wanted to replace the stock air-bridge and accordian.thats very turbulant air right there.
so i got the halltech T-1.it goes from the throttle body,to the filter.made a huge difference from my K&N with cut lid.
the blackwing is a good filter upgrade,but an intake system will give more power.(cold air preffered).good luck....

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Hurricane looks like a good system, Im thinking about it also. I also noticed Blackwing has a new cold air system, think it is in the latest Mid America catalog. Just received the catalog saturday, may want to check it out. Also, West Coast is great to deal with.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jefe, I have the K&N FIPK system and love it. Its a cold air system and it has K&N's reputation to boot. It came with the bigger air bridge and I added the coupler. Good luck on your choice! :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts