Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Should My Fuel Mileage Be Highway At Around 68 Mph? I Own A 2003 C5 Coupe 6-speed With Cold Air Intake. Pretty Much Stock. Thanks! Vettehead24

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,746 Posts
There are still a lot of variables. Ambient temperature, using crusie or not, altitude, using A/C. On a cool day about 55* at 70mph, crusie, no A/C I can get about 30mpg but at 95* and A/C, no cruise it can drop to 26-27mpg. Still not bad

BTW, we have a few DCers in the Cincy area

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I have alway gotten an average of about 25 mpg on all C5 & C6's

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just finished a drive of 2000 miles in my 03 Z. I averaged 28.5 miles/gallon US.

Edit: oh yeah, the car is bone stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is an 02 coupe, w/ Corsa cat back & SLP cold air intake everything else stock. Around town w/ ac on I'm at about 20 / 21, high speed w/ cruise on I can get 26 / 28 depending on other variables.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my car in Houston on Memorial Day and drove it home 2150 miles to Spokane Wa with a total trip average of 29.1 mpg on the DIC. I was astounded that it had that kind of legs with most of the trip over 80mph. On top of it I used mid grade gas but only Shell, Exxon or Conoco. Needless to say I am pleased !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My 04 coupe, bone stock, gets on average around 22 to 23 around town, 29 to 30 on the open road, with ac running. Needless to say, I've been HIGHLY impressed with the MPG of my Corvette. Icing on the cake in my opinion.

·
Mo-Fo
7,510 Posts
My 04 coupe, bone stock, gets on average around 22 to 23 around town, 29 to 30 on the open road, with ac running. Needless to say, I've been HIGHLY impressed with the MPG of my Corvette. Icing on the cake in my opinion.
:agree: Right on. My 02 is right there too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
2002 coupe, A4, Pilot ZP's, otherwise all stock. I just drove 307 miles on I-90 @75mph. Actual mileage was 25.1.

·
Registered
212 Posts
2004 C.E. convertible

Gives me miles of Smiles
WOW!!!!! Thats Crazy! I average 10.5 to 12 Mpg. I live in the WORST place you can have a car like these, when i tell you city driving, i mean i sit more at traffic lights and dead stop traffic then i do driving here in staten island, new york, and this is everyday! We have worser traffic here than NYC. When i drive into new jersey, my mpg shoots up to over 22 mpg easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts