Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'7" and I fit well in my C5 ZO6. I lean my head when I have a helmet on but I have great leg room. So today I rode in an 07 at work. I was in the passenger seat, my friend was driving. He said the leg room sucked and that he was slid all the way back. He is 6'4". I was packed into the passenger seat tight. My legs were touching the dash. When my friend accelerated my head hit the roof!! It is a removable top so it has the roll bar. This sucks!!! This is Discrimination! :down:

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
I think the dimensions for a 07 are a little tighter IMO

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
im 6 foot and reach the pedals comfortable with the seat all the way back, i think anything after 6'2" and you got problems

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Do you have the roll bar in yours?

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
dam im 6.2 dam dam dam hopefully i shouldnt have a problem since i will be purchasing a c5 am i correct?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I wonder if the seat runners are as far back as they can be? :huh:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
dam im 6.2 dam dam dam hopefully i shouldnt have a problem since i will be purchasing a c5 am i correct?
i'm 6-2, and my seat and I have PLENTY of room to move back further. You should have no problems. i have the sport seats, does anyone know if they make a difference? Lots of luggage room too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Also, keep in mind that the passenger side is a little more cramped in terms of legroom because the glovebox panel takes up considerably more room. I'm 6'6" and could touch my knees together under the steering wheel of my C6. Try the driver's side sometime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, keep in mind that the passenger side is a little more cramped in terms of legroom because the glovebox panel takes up considerably more room. I'm 6'6" and could touch my knees together under the steering wheel of my C6. Try the driver's side sometime.
I remember driving the C6 when they first came out when I worked at Chevy. I do remember fitting but my head still hit on the roll bar if I'm not mistaken. I'll try to get into one tomorrow and see how well I fit.

Does the C6 ZO6 have the roll bar like this one?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm 6'7" and I fit well in my C5 ZO6. I lean my head when I have a helmet on but I have great leg room. So today I rode in an 07 at work. I was in the passenger seat, my friend was driving. He said the leg room sucked and that he was slid all the way back. He is 6'4". I was packed into the passenger seat tight. My legs were touching the dash. When my friend accelerated my head hit the roof!! It is a removable top so it has the roll bar. This sucks!!! This is Discrimination! :down:
I'm 5'12" and have no problems, but I can see where someone 6'7" would be uncomfortable. I have a feeling that the C7's will be a little longer than the C6's.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I don't believe its the cockpit size that is the problem. When I rode in a C6 I felt like I was riding higher in the seat. The C6 seats design maybe taller than a C5.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The car was probabley ergonomically design for the average male heigth in the US (5'9.125") plus/minus 6", which would make sense for sale purpose. For the people outside this range will have problem fitting in the car properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
6'5" and all torso

I have an 01 Z06 and have a hard time with a helmet on but without the helmet there is plenty of headroom. When I autocross or do track days I scoot way down or forward with my butt to clear the helmet. Not very comfortable for extended time. I have also driven the 05,06,and 07 and agree that they are getting smaller as time goes on. The C5 is the only reason I own a Vette as all of the C4's and C6's are to small.:huh:

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
: i also agree that they seem to be getting a little more tighter inside but they still have my heart:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Be glad you're not flying an F-4. 6'2" was the top any guy could fit in comfortably--and if the roof was removed, so are you...:laughing:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Be glad you're not flying an F-4. 6'2" was the top any guy could fit in comfortably--and if the roof was removed, so are you...:laughing:
Reminds me of when I was in Air Force JROTC in High School. I wanted to be a pilot but I was 6'4" and I was still growing. I went to Space camp for a school trip and I couldn't move around the in the shuttle. The instructors told me the max size is 6'4 for an astronaut. I guess I should have just played basket ball or kept swimming!!

I have worked on many C5's C4's and the C5 is very comfortable for me but the C4 I felt like I was jammed in there! haha I would practically drag my body out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts