Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the drilled aluminum looks cool, they don't have the most traction, and if you step in the car after a rain storm, they are downright dangerous.

Are there any slip on rubber pads for the pedals, they seem to be all one piece with the levers so swapping them out doesn't seem feasible.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
While the drilled aluminum looks cool, they don't have the most traction, and if you step in the car after a rain storm, they are downright dangerous.

Are there any slip on rubber pads for the pedals, they seem to be all one piece with the levers so swapping them out doesn't seem feasible.
OK, send me yours and I'll send you my kids rubber pedals from his 96 Jetta!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
While I work on a finished solution I went to Autozone and bought a set to go one the stock pedals. YOu know it uses brackets and screws........ $15. Works for now

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the helpful replies. I'll check autozone. It only rains for a few weeks out of the year here, but it's that time of year now, and don't need my foot slipping off the clutch or the brake.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Maybe its your shoes,\. Try a pair of deck shoes from L.L.Bean or ShoeBuy.com they work for me. GOOD LUCK....:agree:

·
Registered
943 Posts
The C5 has the same "problem" but I just rub my feet on the floor mat provided a few times and off I go. But yes if you aren't paying attention and put a wet shoe onto the clutch pedal bad things could happen.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's funny, because on my other car the celica, it has aluminum pedals (for all 3, not just brake/clutch) with rubber circle inserts in them.

You could probably get some rubber from Home Depot and make some DIY inserts.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, my MS Protege is exactly the same, aluminum pedals with rubber pad inserts. Sparco pedals actually.

The cut of the C6 pedals would make inserts difficult, because they would just fall through the holes without some way to attach them from the back.

I still haven't made it to autozone to try to find those ones that screw on, but I like the coating idea if it would be durable.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you want a rubberized or plastic coating, go to your local hardware store and buy the dip used to coat tools -- I forget what it is called. You could even color match to your vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts