Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some ideas I've had for the site, just something to ponder on I guess!

1) Another section for the "Places to Chill Out" called "Humor" or something to that effect. You know, where member can post jokes or funny pictures, etc....anything humorous!

2) A navigation bar of some sort that always stays at the top, So when you scroll down, its still there at the top of the page in your view, that way you dont need to scroll ALL the way back up to the top of the page (I guess you can say im lazy)

3) Something like: when you click on "Profile" to view the members pofile...their "signiture" will be in there. You know, like a picture of their car or whatever they want their signiture to be. That way its not on the main page and wont take forever to load for dialup users!

And finally 4) Make me a Moderator! :laughing:

Well, what you think?:D

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,448 Posts
I agree on the humor section but around this place you would probably need 2 separate sections, one for the "family" and one for the , well the *****stuff.

On my screen the bar a t the top takes up about a 1/3 of the visible space. Leaving it there would reduce the space for everything else. I don't think the pages are that long that you can't scroll back to the top. Maybe a "back to the Top" button at the bottom would help?

Maybe Patrick could make it where, when you reach a certain level (for lack of a better word) you could change the titlle under your name like the moderators do.

Just mu .02

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
I agree on the humor section but around this place you would probably need 2 separate sections, one for the "family" and one for the , well the *****stuff.

Hmm....... good idea.....

On my screen the bar a t the top takes up about a 1/3 of the visible space. Leaving it there would reduce the space for everything else. I don't think the pages are that long that you can't scroll back to the top. Maybe a "back to the Top" button at the bottom would help?
How can your display be so small? That header bar is only 100 pixels tall.... ?

Patrick could make it where, when you reach a certain level (for lack of a better word) you could change the titlle under your name like the moderators do.

Just mu .02
I've thought of this... but wanted to not do things I'd have to police all the time. Hmm.

Good ideas here guys.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
5Point7Liter said:
Here are some ideas I've had for the site, just something to ponder on I guess!

1) Another section for the "Places to Chill Out" called "Humor" or something to that effect. You know, where member can post jokes or funny pictures, etc....anything humorous!

Good idea.

2) A navigation bar of some sort that always stays at the top, So when you scroll down, its still there at the top of the page in your view, that way you dont need to scroll ALL the way back up to the top of the page (I guess you can say im lazy)
I'm always up for better navigation. I could make the menu float and stay on the screen, but I just don't think it'd look that good because it would cover other text on the screen. I can put a button at the end of threads to "go back to main page" or something like that.
3) Something like: when you click on "Profile" to view the members pofile...their "signiture" will be in there. You know, like a picture of their car or whatever they want their signiture to be. That way its not on the main page and wont take forever to load for dialup users!
Interesting.

and finally 4) Make me a Moderator! :laughing:
:laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts