Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
bkuper said:
drive C5 = good.
The C5 is a great car, no doubt. But, I am attached to the C4 "race car" feel and the cockpit was made for me.

My next Corvette will be another c4, or older. If I got a C6 it'd be 10 years from now when they are $18,000 used!

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: I finally drove a C5 today.

Patrick96LT4 said:
The C5 is a great car, no doubt. But, I am attached to the C4 "race car" feel and the cockpit was made for me.

My next Corvette will be another c4, or older. If I got a C6 it'd be 10 years from now when they are $18,000 used!

oh, I know. I love my C4, too. I liked not bumping my head on the headliner in the C5, though. The C5 is also a six speed. Mine, being auto. is less interesting for sure.

must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6 must have C6

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Niiiiiiice, I drove one it went 1.3 km/h it was hot, it was in neutral rolling down a 4degree angle at the carwash! YOU CANT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME I DROVE IT!!!!! LOL:excited:
but I guess you drove it alot harder than I did!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
whos was it?if you ever come here,you can drive mine,but you better let me drive your C6 when i come to Texas next year:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I don't want to drive one because then I will go buy one which would require I sell my house to afford it, Then my wife would divorce me then I would have to pay child support so I would have to sell the C-5 and I would end up with no wife no house no kid no Vette and child support payments. All from test driving a car!!:laughing: :laughing:

I like my C-4 and my next is a C-3 project.:thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i've driven a C5...they are hot...but i still want a C4.....now i want to drive a Z06

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Same feelings here. When I went to test drive my Z06 I was :surprised and that turned into :D after getting back. The salesperson knew I was :whip:

If your in the area just yell and I'll let you drive my Z06 :partyon:

·
Registered
0 Posts
In 2002 my friend bought a brand new 6 speed coupe...He stoped by & wanted me to drive it & tell him what I thought.....I liked it but it was too "CIVILIZED" for me....Go for a ride in my car & you feel like you are in a muscle car/race car....the c-5 felt too quite/calm for me.....:lookinup:....However If I was in a stock non modded c-4 I would feel the same!First words out of my mouth were "This car needs an exhaust!":surprised :D I still prefer a c-4 over any generation!:thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
ragvette said:
Same feelings here. When I went to test drive my Z06 I was :surprised and that turned into :D after getting back. The salesperson knew I was :whip:

If your in the area just yell and I'll let you drive my Z06 :partyon:
must go to chicago...must go to chicago....must go to chicago....must go to chicago....must go to chicago.....must go to chicago

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Magic Man said:
Next on the list, C-3 BIG BLOCK!:thumbsup:
Yea, me too. I'd love a shark. But, I'm missing the money to buy one, the garage bay to park it in, and a wife that would actually go along with the idea.:whip:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I had been in a few prior to driving Bill Martinson's 10 second c5 frc.

It was like the first 11 second pass when I drove His car. It made me completely giddy.

Yes, to those who know and love the c4...it does NOT have that race car, quick turn in feeling to it. Much smoother. Almost Cadillac like.

Will I own one? Someday! There is nothing tougher than a slightly lowered black frc with limo'd windows.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Punk Boy said:
must go to chicago...must go to chicago....must go to chicago....must go to chicago....must go to chicago.....must go to chicago

:agree: Oh yea Car pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!:partyon: :partyon:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
raidmagic said:
:agree: Oh yea Car pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!:partyon: :partyon:
pick me up on the way :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the C-5 ride is a bit more refined than the C-4. However, that is not always a good thing...especially at Auto-X events.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts