Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather in the high 50s, sunny, rained yesterday so the salt residue is washed off, roads dry today. Off came the cover, I backed the car out of the garage, let it warm up, lump bump lump bump out in the driveway and went out for some fun.

I forgot how fast this sucker is!! What fun. A few passes on my "Trolling grounds" produced no action but I did grab a quick 120mph a few times. ZZ Top blasting "Lookin' for some tush", the engine and pipes howling, pinned to the seat back, blowing by everything in sight (underpasses are great, just the sound blast moves them over), scenery flying by, heart pumpin'.....F'in A gents....That's CORVETTIN". :D

Sorry if I seem overly excited but this is the first time out in the car since last December and a medical situation will keep me from driving from this tues 'till this coming July. So I really needed a look at the brighter side of life. The red car did that and more.:thumbsup:

If I can get out another time before tues, you can bet I will, but there is rain in the forcast. I'll be more civilized than I was today though, I don't need to get tossed in the can right now:laughing:

We are a lucky bunch...being able to have these great cars at our disposal !!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I totally understand. I pulled mine out about 2 weeks ago, although there is only about 8 weeks a year I can't drive mine. Keep the sunny side up dude!!!:thumbsup:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
What ever you do, don't let the rain stop you!
Get out and enjoy your toy. As long as there's no snow. There should be no problem.

I enjoy driving in the rain. It's alot of fun and makes you a better driver.

Jr.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I haven't driven mine since december either and I had my hip replaced in january. I don't know if I could get out of the car if I got in it!

Wednesday it goes to the dealer because the rear is leaking. Frm there it's going to CTCORVETTE for headers a EE tunnel plate and a B&M Ripper!

Hopefully at the post operation 90 day mark I will be able to get in and out of it like a kid again.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Weather in the high 50s, sunny, rained yesterday so the salt residue is washed off, roads dry today. Off came the cover, I backed the car out of the garage, let it warm up, lump bump lump bump out in the driveway and went out for some fun.

I forgot how fast this sucker is!! What fun. A few passes on my "Trolling grounds" produced no action but I did grab a quick 120mph a few times. ZZ Top blasting "Lookin' for some tush", the engine and pipes howling, pinned to the seat back, blowing by everything in sight (underpasses are great, just the sound blast moves them over), scenery flying by, heart pumpin'.....F'in A gents....That's CORVETTIN". :D

Sorry if I seem overly excited but this is the first time out in the car since last December and a medical situation will keep me from driving from this tues 'till this coming July. So I really needed a look at the brighter side of life. The red car did that and more.:thumbsup:

If I can get out another time before tues, you can bet I will, but there is rain in the forcast. I'll be more civilized than I was today though, I don't need to get tossed in the can right now:laughing:

It would be very, very bad if your Z sits for that long! I can (at no charge to you) come by and take her out for a good rip, Friday nights of course!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are you in Jersey brother? The car is up in Rochester now so the closest man for the job is Tony B over in the Buffalo area. Don't think I don't appreciate the offer. This car is Vette Doctors built and it's a real kick to drive. Either cnote or Tony B are welcome to stretch it's legs on the street or the track until july when the Geezer will be back at the wheel:rolling:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Where are you in Jersey brother? The car is up in Rochester now so the closest man for the job is Tony B over in the Buffalo area. Don't think I don't appreciate the offer. This car is Vette Doctors built and it's a real kick to drive. Either cnote or Tony B are welcome to stretch it's legs on the street or the track until july when the Geezer will be back at the wheel:rolling:
Whats up there RSCAR!,Hope your doing well,anytime you want me to stretch that MONSTER out for ya,let me know.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you T,
Next month, take a ride over and we'll hang out for a few hours on a Sat or Sun...................I'd like that.:)

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts

Thank you God for giving him one last ride in he beloved Vette

·
DC Crew
12,249 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
Live life to the fullest brothers, tell your loved ones how you feel daily, I think of this every morning as I leave for work. Tommorrow is never promised...RIP Russ you will be missed.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts

In heaven there are no horsepower limts. Ride On brother, ride on.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Russ,
I wish i would of had the chance to meet you,we spoke on the phone a couple of times and i thought you were a great guy,i was looking forward to meeting you this spring at the drags,i am sorry that we didnt get to meet,but we will meet some day and we will drag them in the clouds.

Joany,
It was nice speaking with you and i am truly sorry to hear of your loss.

Sincerely,

Tony Belcer 4th

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Originally Posted by RSCAR

I forgot how fast this sucker is!! What fun. A few passes on my "Trolling grounds" produced no action but I did grab a quick 120mph a few times. ZZ Top blasting "Lookin' for some tush", the engine and pipes howling, pinned to the seat back, blowing by everything in sight (underpasses are great, just the sound blast moves them over), scenery flying by, heart pumpin'.....F'in A gents....That's CORVETTIN".

What an awesome quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.