Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden last week, when I start my 08Z, and the first blast of air from the vents hits your face, I get a horrible smell. Not quite a dead animal smell, more like bad BO or a combination of both. Then it goes away after about a minute. I have stuck my nose every where in the engine bay, cabin air filter area, and floorboard area. Can't find anything that smells like the smell that comes through the vents. I even took out the cabin air filter and smelled that. No smell! (Going to replace it today anyway) My only choice left is to start pulling apart the dash and checking in all the vents for something. I know the blower motor is behind the glove box, but does anyone have any other suggestions??? Where to start or what to check in the engine bay? I figure if it's a dead animal it will go away after awhile but I would like to find the source sooner if I can. It has gotten worse everyday (again suggesting a mouse or something). Any help is greatly appreicated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a smell too.

I had a bad odor in 08 Z also, smelled a lot like urine. Came and went until air conditioning stopped working one day because of a leak in the system. Got it fixed under warranty and smell disappeared. I'm pretty sure the smell was a slow leak of the R134 finding its way into the cabin every now and then. A quick search on the net for urine smell and R134 and I found some other similar experiences. I would suggest having your a/c checked...

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts