Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to share this story -

So right now, I'm sitting in a Marriot Courtyard in Bowling Green, KY. My dad and I made the drive down from Cincy Ohio to visit the museum and factory, about a 3 hour drive, peace of cake!

Well, we finally show up to the factory, take the obligatory phots (which will be posted soon), and then I park my new C6 in the special 'Corvette Only' parking spaces. At first, it was myself and an Orange 2007 Z06 occupying those spaces. Well, after a few minutes, a convoy of Corvettes from Pennsylvania show up (about 12 total) and then proceed to fill in the remaining spaces. A Yellow C5 with a Black Bra with smiley faces embroidered on it parks next to me, backing in. I exchange some pleasantries with the fellow Vetters, and then go in to tour the museum.

When my Dad and I come out of the museum to go get some dinner, we walk up to our Corvette, and to our dismay, we see a bright yellow gouge in the passenger door. All the Corvettes from the Pennsylvania Corvette Club are gone, but its obvious that the yellow C5 that backed into the spot next to me swung his door open way too far and gouged the **** out of my driver door. I WAS SOOOOO MAD!!!! YELLOW DOES NOT LOOK GOOD ON LEMANS BLUE!!!!

I know it was the same car that was next to me because there was only about 30 minutes that I was inside, and the museum was about to close, so no other yellow Corvette would have parked next to me in that brief period of time....

Seriously, if by some chance the person who did this (Yellow C5 Coupe with Black Bra with yellow smiley faces embroidered on the bra) is reading this...please PM me so we can discuss what happened and take care of business.

Nevertheless, I'm having fun in Bowling Green and will be going on a factory tour tomorrow at 9am, can't wait to see the '08s rolling off the line.

Take care,

Mike:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
sorry to hear that....i wouldnt be able to live with a huge ugly yellow mark on my door

were planning on doing the tour pretty soon, how did you like it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
damn, what a dick. I would expect that from some other driver, but not another corvette owner. He should have left his info on your wiper. :nuts:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Find the guy from Penn. with a yellow C5 and beat his ass, that easy!

·
Registered
607 Posts
:agree:

I would try calling him out on that other forum, as I know none of this crew would be so ignorant.

Hopefully it buffs out for you.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well,
You can bet that if the jerk didn't say anything when it happened, he sure as hell won't come forward now. What a jerk! Some people have no respect for other peoples property. Makes me wish I had a monster truck at home that I could go get when **** like this happens. I'd flatten his vette like a pancake. It's like when I stop at a store when I'm in my vette, I'll park clear in the back of the lot where there are no cars. But when I come out, there is almost always cars parked all around mine. They are thinking, "this is a corvette, and there is no way the owner of it will door ding my car." Then they proceed to get out of their car and gouge the **** out of the vette. IF I'M LYING, I'M DYING!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the support everyone...

The whole Penn crew was wearing 'Corvette Central' lanyards, so I'll check over there to see if anyone knows who this guy is. I was looking through my pictures last night, and this guy really must have swung his door out far. I was in the dead center of the parking space (I'll post pictures when I get home from Kentucky)

Grrrr... the thing that bothers me the most is that I always go out of my way to park next to other Corvettes THINKING they will show mutual respect, guess not.

Well, the thing now is to try and buff the streak out... does anyone have any recommendations on products to help me out?

Thanks again, you guys rock!:partyon:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Well,
You can bet that if the jerk didn't say anything when it happened, he sure as hell won't come forward now. What a jerk! Some people have no respect for other peoples property. Makes me wish I had a monster truck at home that I could go get when **** like this happens. I'd flatten his vette like a pancake. It's like when I stop at a store when I'm in my vette, I'll park clear in the back of the lot where there are no cars. But when I come out, there is almost always cars parked all around mine. They are thinking, "this is a corvette, and there is no way the owner of it will door ding my car." Then they proceed to get out of their car and gouge the **** out of the vette. IF I'M LYING, I'M DYING!

I agree. Last week when I ran some errands I parked far enough away in a store parking lot not to draw attention. I had a curb on my driver's side and nothing but parking lot on my passenger side with about 10 open spaces between the next closest car. I'm in the store 10 minutes, come out and a pickup truck cowboy parks his rust bucket 4X4 next to me. I know he did it on purpose. No door ding, but I checked real close. I'm glad I left first because if he did, I'm sure all the mud on his wheels would have sprayed onto the vette. Oh well, the cost of Corvette ownership....:partyon:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
damn, what a dick. I would expect that from some other driver, but not another corvette owner. He should have left his info on your wiper. :nuts:
OK, let's throw this Yellow Corvette owner an olive branch. Since he backed in, the ding was from passenger side to passenger side. Perhaps the driver/owner doesn't know that his passenger dinged your car. Hopefully you will track the owner down, however at this point I would work with a trusted body shop to get the scratch removed if you can't do it yourself and focus on fixing the car.

Did the driver have a passenger? The passenger wasn't a blonde woman was it?! :laughing:

- left that one wide open.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bummer for Sure !!!!!!! :crazy:

That's exactly why the Valet guys are my new best friends (can't tip them enough for the peace of mind they offer)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sorry to hear that...:(

Mine got rear ended, although not that bad, last year after only owning it for 4 months. I was sitting on the red light and bam. This mexican lady was driving an SUV and had to help her find the insurance card because husband usually drive the SUV. The worst thing is when I call the insurance and found out she was not covered by the insurance because she was driving and was specifically "excluded" by her husband. AZ state allow exclusion meaning the primary can excluded any household member from being covered and primary and insurance are not liable for any damages caused. Technically she was driving without insurance and I did not know this since she provided an insurance and we decided not to call a cop thus making it only a civil matter.

Lesson, always call a cop and check the insurance on the spot for any exclussion. Luckly, it was so minor I was able to buff it out and you can no longer see any damages. I even took it in at local dealer body shop and they could not find any damages.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had to share this story -

So right now, I'm sitting in a Marriot Courtyard in Bowling Green, KY. My dad and I made the drive down from Cincy Ohio to visit the museum and factory, about a 3 hour drive, peace of cake!

Well, we finally show up to the factory, take the obligatory phots (which will be posted soon), and then I park my new C6 in the special 'Corvette Only' parking spaces. At first, it was myself and an Orange 2007 Z06 occupying those spaces. Well, after a few minutes, a convoy of Corvettes from Pennsylvania show up (about 12 total) and then proceed to fill in the remaining spaces. A Yellow C5 with a Black Bra with smiley faces embroidered on it parks next to me, backing in. I exchange some pleasantries with the fellow Vetters, and then go in to tour the museum.

When my Dad and I come out of the museum to go get some dinner, we walk up to our Corvette, and to our dismay, we see a bright yellow gouge in the passenger door. All the Corvettes from the Pennsylvania Corvette Club are gone, but its obvious that the yellow C5 that backed into the spot next to me swung his door open way too far and gouged the **** out of my driver door. I WAS SOOOOO MAD!!!! YELLOW DOES NOT LOOK GOOD ON LEMANS BLUE!!!!

I know it was the same car that was next to me because there was only about 30 minutes that I was inside, and the museum was about to close, so no other yellow Corvette would have parked next to me in that brief period of time....

Seriously, if by some chance the person who did this (Yellow C5 Coupe with Black Bra with yellow smiley faces embroidered on the bra) is reading this...please PM me so we can discuss what happened and take care of business.

Nevertheless, I'm having fun in Bowling Green and will be going on a factory tour tomorrow at 9am, can't wait to see the '08s rolling off the line.

Take care,

The tour is amazing if you've never been...
I sure hope that person sees your post and does right for a fellow vette owner ! You might even see them in town.
can it be buffed out?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Well,
If I see a Vette alone in a parking lot, I always park next to it. Not because I think they won't ding my car, but rather to protect their ride! I'm extremely careful, no matter what I'm driving and no matter what is next to me. It's called consideration. It appears the person in that yellow Vette wasn't familiar with the concept.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, let's throw this Yellow Corvette owner an olive branch. Since he backed in, the ding was from passenger side to passenger side. Perhaps the driver/owner doesn't know that his passenger dinged your car. Hopefully you will track the owner down, however at this point I would work with a trusted body shop to get the scratch removed if you can't do it yourself and focus on fixing the car.

Did the driver have a passenger? The passenger wasn't a blonde woman was it?! :laughing:

- left that one wide open.....
No... actually, he backed in and i was parked normally, so it was driver side to driver side. and it was a guy in his early fifties (heavyset, beard, balding) that did it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay... here is an update.

The tour was amazing! Best $5 I've ever spent. About 1 1/2 hours of pure Corvettes (and a little XLR flavor). One of the coolest things I've ever seen, I would recommend it to anyone!

Well, as we are walking out of the factory, what do we see but a group of Corvettes with Pennsylvania License Plates... sure enough, the yellow one with the smiley face bra was there. We walked up to it, and sure enough on the edge of his driver side door is a swath of Lemans Blue Paint... coincidence, I think not?

So, I'm not an a$$hole, I didn't key his ride or anything; instead, we left him a note telling him to be more cautious and to pay attention to what he's doing.

I got home a little while ago after a beautiful drive through Kentucky, busted out some 'Nu Finish' polish, put it on a rag and I was actually able to get about 90% of the yellow paint out. Now I'll just have to go to a chevy dealership to get some LMB touch up paint where the scratch is...

Thanks again for all your support!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
No... actually, he backed in and i was parked normally, so it was driver side to driver side. and it was a guy in his early fifties (heavyset, beard, balding) that did it.

Oops, re-read your original post and saw the dent was on your Driver side door. Glad you caught up with him, however he must have really hit the door hard to exchange paint like that! What was he thinking?! :crazy:

Let us know if he contacts you. If not, I will make sure to avoid any yellow Corvettes with a smiley face front protection bra.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You are way to nice. I know I am not that nice. You give me something to aspire to. I know I am not a key guy, but I am not a note guy either. Balding, fat ,50's yellow driving vette guy would be opening his wallet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts