Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the driveshaft today and found that the U-joint is too small for the differential yoke. Here's a picture of the new (black) and old (silver) driveshaft and the U-joints:

I installed the driveshaft with the car on jackstands, couldn't really see a lot when I bolted the driveshaft to the differential.... I had both caps tight in the straps, the driveshaft had approximately .080" play each way from center... :WTF

I wonder if they (Keisler) sent me the wrong driveshaft alltogether.... :crazy:

·
Registered
959 Posts
It appears they sent you a driveshaft with u-joints for an early car....
...redvetracr

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
the small one must be a 1310 and the larger a 1330. The 1310 is a small trunnion small cross and the 1330 a 1350 sized (large) cross and small 1310 sized trunnions (and the 1310 and 1330 come w/ 2 sizes trunnions so make sure you get the right one) You need a 1330 one or you could use a bastard joint.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the small one must be a 1310 and the larger a 1330. The 1310 is a small trunnion small cross and the 1330 a 1350 sized (large) cross and small 1310 sized trunnions (and the 1310 and 1330 come w/ 2 sizes trunnions so make sure you get the right one) You need a 1330 one or you could use a bastard joint.
It's likely going to be a bastard joint... that's the quickest and easiest and I don't have to ship the darn shaft back to Keisler..... this sux, I was hoping to drive the car this weekend.....

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
a quick temporary bubba fix would be to go to the hardware store and get 2 hardened washers the size of those caps and use those to take up the slack due to the too small width. It would allow you to take the car for a test drive at least.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looks like NAPA part number 2100134 will fit.... (Napa equivalent to Spicer 5-134x)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts