Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am debating getting cats or not with my headers.

On the one side they don't hurt performance much, and are kind of required by law in AZ.

On the other side, they do hurt a little, they cost $300, and it would be a pain in the azz to swap in the stock cats everytime I have to pass emissions.

By the way, anyone know how long that is? (years between emissions in AZ) I have a 2005, and haven't had to yet.

Also, does anyone know if I can just put the stock H pipe with the cats up in place of the LG/Kooks/Dynatech/AR off-road x-pipe?

I am guessing it is at least for the Kooks since the x-pipe is an option, but for the LG's it may not be possible since they all come with an x-pipe.

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
477 Posts
No you can't use the stock H-pipe w/LG's or Kooks, or Dynatechs..etc..

So I am debating getting cats or not with my headers.

On the one side they don't hurt performance much, and are kind of required by law in AZ.

On the other side, they do hurt a little, they cost $300, and it would be a pain in the azz to swap in the stock cats everytime I have to pass emissions.

By the way, anyone know how long that is? (years between emissions in AZ) I have a 2005, and haven't had to yet.

Also, does anyone know if I can just put the stock H pipe with the cats up in place of the LG/Kooks/Dynatech/AR off-road x-pipe?

I am guessing it is at least for the Kooks since the x-pipe is an option, but for the LG's it may not be possible since they all come with an x-pipe.

Thanks in advance for the info.
If you're interested? I have a BRAND NEW never used CAT-LESS X-pipe "Dynatech" I live in Calif & heard to late we have strict CAT laws, so decided to buy the same X-pipe with CATS, HENCE I DON'T NEED THE cat-less X-PIPE, it retails for $699 plus shipping... I got a great deal from a friend, I have pictures, etc... there yours for $200 to your door :thumbsup:

Just passing on my great deal from friend to my DC bruthas..Also need the garage space...

NO dents, FLAWS, or ANYTHING! there perfect! I just can't use them in CA.. PM or call me 805-450-8327 Sean...:thumbsup:

Go look at Tbryne website for prices, it's a great deal just want to get them out've my garage....

My initial reason for wanting to go cat-less? more HP up to 10-15HP so I hear thru the grapevine...Damn wish I could use them, it's killing me to have to pay the extra $300

Almost forgot there NOT the puny 2.5" pipes there the bigger more powerfull 3" version I hate to give these away but I can't use them in CA....I couldn't believe it when I saw what they retail for from Tbryne, & other vendors:surprised

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you're interested? I have a BRAND NEW never used CAT-LESS X-pipe "Dynatech" I live in Calif & heard to late we have strict CAT laws, so decided to buy the same X-pipe with CATS, HENCE I DON'T NEED THE cat-less X-PIPE, it retails for $699 plus shipping... I got a great deal from a friend, I have pictures, etc... there yours for $200 to your door :thumbsup:

Just passing on my great deal from friend to my DC bruthas..Also need the garage space...

NO dents, FLAWS, or ANYTHING! there perfect! I just can't use them in CA.. PM or call me 805-450-8327 Sean...:thumbsup:

Go look at Tbryne website for prices, it's a great deal just want to get them out've my garage....

My initial reason for wanting to go cat-less? more HP up to 10-15HP so I hear thru the grapevine...Damn wish I could use them, it's killing me to have to pay the extra $300

Almost forgot there NOT the puny 2.5" pipes there the bigger more powerfull 3" version I hate to give these away but I can't use them in CA....I couldn't believe it when I saw what they retail for from Tbryne, & other vendors:surprised
That's a great price. someone should be all over this like a fat kid on cake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts