Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking of getting myself a new car. Right now i sadly drive an import. 99 eclipse. anyway for months now ive been thinking of buying a new car. The new car i have in mind is either the new upcoming Camaro or maybe a C5(possibly Z06).Id say my limit is 36k. So anything in that range. Im open to any other suggestions.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well that's not exactly a bad spot to be in with those two options. I recommend going ahead and buying a good condition zo6 and driving that for a year or so until the new camaro comes out and is a bit more affordable. I'm willing to bet that dealer markup is going to be ridiculous on the new F-body (does anyone know if they are still going to have this designation?). Also, the z06 will probably not go down in value all that much over the next year or so until the new camaro comes out, as long as you don't rag it out or put a ton of miles on it. Anyways, just my 2-cents. Good luck on your "problem", i'm sure you will be happy either way you go. :cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
02-04 C5 Z06 fits your budget nicely, and what a great car!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
347 Posts
For 36 grand you could also have a really badass Eclipse. GSX powertrain swap??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I miss chevy too much. but i did consider some work on my eclipse instead. but im not a ricer. just doesnt suit me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Perhaps my definition of "ricer" is different, but putting money into moddifying a gsx isn't being a ricer. Some of my friends have had some nicely modded DSM's and they were nothing to take lightly. As long as you spend your money on performance mods on it, you won't be a ricer.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Isn't a "Ricer" anyone who drives (races) a "rice burner" or car of asian descent?

Get a Vette and you won't feel like slouching in the seat if a Harley pulls up next to you! you're well within budget! :thumbsup:

PS a rice burner can be a 10 sec 1/4 mile car so it has nothing to be with being slow...IMO

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
You won't be able to get a new camaro off of the lot for under 50K so I would go with the Z.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
the camaro also is going to see a bunch of changes, you might own the new thing for a year or two but then a new motor will come out or something like that and you wont have the "new cool" car on the block. the 02-04 z06 was the pinnacle of the c5 in terms of performance and options, it is a drivers car and nothing will ever change that.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i would wait a couple years for the camaro, get the ZO6.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
For 36K, you can have a '04 Z06 Commemorative edition (also known as Z16). That's a friggin' beautiful car (if you think it isn't, you should take a look in JETZ's photo gallery:partyon: ) and it'll probably go up in value within like 10 years or so:D

That's JETZ' car, a Z16 with a few (expensive) mods:devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts