Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I have to buy a new sun visor for the passenger side of the Vette. GM partsdirect.com wants $85 for one. I looked at some of our vendors and couldn't find one. Anyone have any idea where I might find a better deal on a sun visor? I don't care if it's used either, as long as it's good. Thanks guys!

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's kind of strange.... the mirror fell out and the black plastic door that covers the mirror fell off the visor and the wood internals of the visor is broke in half....... don't ask how it happened...I'm guessing there is a sun visor monster who goes around and breaks them....
I looked on ebay and they didn't have any C5 visors....

·
Registered
618 Posts
It's kind of strange.... the mirror fell out and the black plastic door that covers the mirror fell off the visor and the wood internals of the visor is broke in half....... don't ask how it happened...I'm guessing there is a sun visor monster who goes around and breaks them....
I looked on ebay and they didn't have any C5 visors....
i had the same problem with mine. I installed a visor CD holder and that solved the limp problem.

·
Registered
618 Posts
my limp part is the outer edge and the CD holder holds the mirror parts in place. if your entire visor is hanging, i don't have a solution for you that doesn't involve new visor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Limp Sunvisor

Had a similiar problem with both the visors on my '02, the plastic mirrors seperated from the visor. I pulled them all the way loose and filled the holes for the mirror clips half full of clear silicone rtv and clamped for about 4 hrs. Came out perfectly. Hope this helps. GL

·
Registered
283 Posts
Since you are thinking of replacement anyway why not carefully cut it open and try to repair it. I did that on the visor on my c-3 and it is fine now. The rod binds and people tork on it and bend it up inside. c-3 probably simpler than c-5 but I was able to cut the sewing and open it, re-bend the parts to normal and resew it.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
My sun visors have long been removed, and I think are somewhere in the garage still.

What color are yours? Mine are black.

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My sun visors have long been removed, and I think are somewhere in the garage still.

What color are yours? Mine are black.
Mine are also black! Do you still have use for yours?? If not....then.....you know what I'm getting at.... hahahaha Let me know!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
you could try a piece of shrink tube on the part that clips in & for loose material just make a small slice in it & take a wd40 sprayer off a can of wd40 ( the kind with the little tube) stick it on a can of scotch spray adhesive put the tube in the slice spray accordingly press & walla.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Contact Adam at Bowtie Automotive in Kenner, LA. His brother in law I believe, owns the country's largest corvette salvage parts co. He has access to everything you can imagine. Google him and tell him that Ted referred you to him. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Mine are also black! Do you still have use for yours?? If not....then.....you know what I'm getting at.... hahahaha Let me know!!!
I'm just checkin' back in on the thread, I'll look for them in the morning. I know I didn't toss them. I'll never use them again, I can send them to you.:thumbsup:

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm just checkin' back in on the thread, I'll look for them in the morning. I know I didn't toss them. I'll never use them again, I can send them to you.:thumbsup:
Your awesome Patrick!!! Let me know what you find out!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts