Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I was looking for a 75-77 tach to work with the HEI distributor I have in the new 1970 project car. No luck on ebay, no luck on various forums, and several vette junkyards quoted ~$100. I was going to settle for a used automater unit from a friend of mine and mount it to the steering column, but I wasnt happy about it. After nearly giving up all hope, what should appear on craigslist less than 15 minutes from my house? A guy selling the last few parts from a 76 he parted out. The only things left were a door, seats, both wiring harnesses, a few small brackets and things, and this:

After talking with the guy for a while (he still has a 75) he let me have it for almost nothing as long as I brought my car by when I had it running. Anyone need a speedo or a 76 bezel? :laughing:

:partyon:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,550 Posts
You never know where something will turn up

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greetings from Long Branch NJ....could use a speedo for my 70....is yours similar....
Lee
I am going to keep the speedo currently in my 70. Are you asking about the 76 one or my original 70?

Is the speedo original? I ask because it has kilometers per hour and mph! That would be handy over here!:thumbsup:
Yeah it is original. Are the 75-77 speedo's still gear driven?

How is life down under? Did you ever get your EFI setup running?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Greetings from Long Branch NJ....could use a speedo for my 70....is yours similar....
Lee
Hey Lee- I have a speedo out of my 69 if you dont want the '76 one... Located in red bank

BTW... Is your car the white flared '70 coupe I see at all the LB shows?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ya never know whats gonna happen. Sometimes craigslist throws you a bone. Last week I picked up a set of side pipes and covers for 40 bucks. Looks like this week was your lucky week. Congrats :thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Last week I was looking for a 75-77 tach to work with the HEI distributor I have in the new 1970 project car. No luck on ebay, no luck on various forums, and several vette junkyards quoted ~$100. I was going to settle for a used automater unit from a friend of mine and mount it to the steering column, but I wasnt happy about it. After nearly giving up all hope, what should appear on craigslist less than 15 minutes from my house? A guy selling the last few parts from a 76 he parted out. The only things left were a door, seats, both wiring harnesses, a few small brackets and things, and this:

After talking with the guy for a while (he still has a 75) he let me have it for almost nothing as long as I brought my car by when I had it running. Anyone need a speedo or a 76 bezel? :laughing:

:partyon:
You have a PM. Thanx -

·
Registered
89 Posts
Double Take ....thanks for the reply....gonna try to hook up with vette427-sbc .....he's in the neighborhood.

Hey red Vette guy I see you all the time....overnight I am at WRAT-FM...by day in R.B at Jersey Shore Porcelain Shrewsbury Ave at Drs. Parker Blvd....cell - 732-693-5487
e-mail [email protected]
Lee

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Double Take ....thanks for the reply....gonna try to hook up with vette427-sbc .....he's in the neighborhood.

Hey red Vette guy I see you all the time....overnight I am at WRAT-FM...by day in R.B at Jersey Shore Porcelain Shrewsbury Ave at Drs. Parker Blvd....cell - 732-693-5487
e-mail [email protected]
Lee
Your welcome. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
How is life down under? Did you ever get your EFI setup running?
Life's OK, we are just coming into summer! we have lots of runs and shows to go to at the moment!
I have my EFI running but have had many problems along the way. Its still not as good as I'd like but workin on it! When its running good its pulling 629 RWHP. I ve got a race day comin up so I want it perfect for that!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Life's OK, we are just coming into summer! we have lots of runs and shows to go to at the moment!
I have my EFI running but have had many problems along the way. Its still not as good as I'd like but workin on it! When its running good its pulling 629 RWHP. I ve got a race day comin up so I want it perfect for that!:thumbsup:
Settling for 629 RWHP must be rough. :crazy::laughing: Im already looking forward to next spring when I can get this car out on the road.

You should post up some pics of your efi setup and of the cruises/race days.

:cheers:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Craigslook shut down

Yeah, Craigslist rocks when you can find something locally. But you want to search all of CL, good luck. That's where someone on DC turned me onto Craigslook.com, an aggregator of CL postings. I could search all of CL for any city to find what I was looking for. Now CL has shut down Craigslook, :down:. I sent CL a "Contact Us" message and let them know of my disapproval.

It wouldn't bother me if CL hired the craigslook programmer to implement this search across all cities, but I'm guessing it won't happen.

I shake my fist at you Craigslist!!!! CURSE YOU

·
Registered
23 Posts
Craigslist search

Guys, Ifvyou go onto the site PONYFORUMS.com , they have a running craigslist search engine for all the sites.:thumbsup:
Neal

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys, Ifvyou go onto the site PONYFORUMS.com , they have a running craigslist search engine for all the sites.:thumbsup:
Neal
That is very good info.

:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts