Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

I just saw 248 Degrees!

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  BubbleHead 
#1 ·
It read 105 for the outside temp. I sure hope they solve this with the C6!

#3 ·
248 :surprised Thats way too high. Need to do some checking.
Radiator debris, thermostat, hoses, whatever, thats too high.

#6 ·
Patrick96LT4 said:
Dude, that's too high.

- Check your radiator for debree.
- Check to make sure your second fan is kicking on.

If you turn on the AC, does your temp drop? Mine goes down to 190 with the AC on... because it kicks on the second fan.
I was sitting still, with the A/C on. Once I got moving, and on the on the freeway, it got down below 220 again.

#8 ·
I had the same problem till it actually overheated. It hit 260 when I cut the engine, but it was too late, when I openned the hood, steam was coming out from everywhere and the radiator had cracked. I have since replaced it, cleaned out the garbage between the radiator and the a/c condensor, and put in a stock 195 t-stat. Now sitting in traffic jam on a hot south florida day, the temp won't go any higher the 225, which usually by then the t-stat open up and circulates cool water back into the block and then the temp begins to drop again to about 200 or 210. On the highway she won't go past 190 or 195

#10 ·
I ask a local vette mechanic & he showed me how my analog gauge isn't acurate it looks like it says 250 before the fan comes on (ac off) when actually its coming on where its supposed to at 230 degrees on the digital readout. I didn't know there was a digital readout till he showed me, its about 90 outside today here in FL.

#12 ·
Topman said:
I ask a local vette mechanic & he showed me how my analog gauge isn't acurate it looks like it says 250 before the fan comes on (ac off) when actually its coming on where its supposed to at 230 degrees on the digital readout. I didn't know there was a digital readout till he showed me, its about 90 outside today here in FL.
Yeah, my analog is about ten degrees off (above) the digital. It used to scare the s--t out of me until I figured that out. I always leave the digital on, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.