Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn. I tore the house apart. I drove the car 4 days ago, they had to be in the house somewhere!

I ended up finding them in my paper recycle bin in my office. Damn cats must have flung them off my desk and into there. For some reason I picked up the box and shook it... heard them babies jingling.

Just curious... anyone know what it would have cost to get the car re-keyed? It's my only set! I have to get another set made!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
not sure what the locks themselves cost..but the key for the corvette is around 20-30 bucks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I know the feeling.

my keys become difficult to find every now and then! Luckily I have a back-up set in case I need to use the car quickly.

The worst is when I lose my wallet...God that gets me ticked!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,038 Posts
A good GM dealer should be able to cut a set from the serial number. At least you weren't somewhere you shouldn't have been.

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
keys

a stocking stuffer remember those clapper key finders used to push on tv i know id like some just clap your hands and they beep like your cordless phone:buhbye:

·
Banned
591 Posts
I watched a neighbor look for hours once....the keys were in the lock when he open his garage door......:laughing:

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
It's was about $20 a set, I had a couple of copies made the last time we were in Chicago. I was REALLY worried that I'd lose my only set of keys and be unable to replace them :surprised

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
vettex2 said:
I watched a neighbor look for hours once....the keys were in the lock when he open his garage door......:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts