Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That is the BEST concept of any vehicle I have ever seen!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very cool, unfortunately the concepts look better than the actual prodution models, the front will most likely change to something with a bit more of a bumper, looks now like very little support for a front collision.....Just dont run into anything :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
One more thing......That green with the white stripes is friggin bad azz, hope if it does go production they offer that color combo. I thought Hugger Orange on the F-Body was a very cool option that Chevy discontinued after 1 year (I believe it was 1999)

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Genius!

If I recall, a young kid did those in some 3D modeling software.

I wish I had the time to pic up that software. I would love to take my auto illustration to the next level.

Kudos to him, and his talent.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
That is one sharp concept. The kid did a great job. If the General makes those, he'll sell them

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Genius!

If I recall, a young kid did those in some 3D modeling software.

I wish I had the time to pic up that software. I would love to take my auto illustration to the next level.

Kudos to him, and his talent.:thumbsup:
I think you're right Pat. This looks like his "hand". He's VERY VERY good!

I imagine he's using Brice or one of the other really high-end modeling packages. :smokin:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
bkuper said:
I think you're right Pat. This looks like his "hand". He's VERY VERY good!

I imagine he's using Brice or one of the other really high-end modeling packages. :smokin:
Yea, I think I'll have time to get it, and play around with it, in about 10-12 years.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Yea, I think I'll have time to get it, and play around with it, in about 10-12 years.
How much is it. Is it as much as Auto CAD? CAD is a cool program to work on but I cant afford it. Brian do you work on CAD?:huh:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Here's some more work by Kris Horton from the Sept '03 issue of Popular Hot Rodding.

Here's a link to the Sept '03 page:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr_5camaro/index.html

For you geeks, here's the sofrware he is using:
Budding designers take note, Horton's creation was shaped not with grease pencils and stencil paper, but on computer with a student version of a program called Softimage XSI (by Avid). Ostensibly an animation program, Horton finds it conducive for modeling virtual automotive shapes in natural light. "As far as designing and modeling cars, most of what I know is self-taught,"

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Speechless.

:partyon:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Loggins1 said:
How much is it. Is it as much as Auto CAD? CAD is a cool program to work on but I cant afford it. Brian do you work on CAD?:huh:
Adam, we use Autodesk ADT 3.3 as our CADD software. There is a 3d modeling/rendering package called 3d Studio VIZ which we use for our 3d work (it is also owned by Autodesk). Although Autocad CAN do 3D modeling, it isn't nearly as sophisticated as VIZ. That's why Autodesk bought it a few years back. The next version of ADT supposedly will incorporate many functions of VIZ for those who don't need all the capabilities of the full VIZ package. I learned at a training seminar recently that the intent of ADT and VIZ is really for modeling widgets by Engineers rather than buildings by Architects. Surprising, but true.

The software this guy uses, whatever it is, is more animation focused than the Autodesk products. It could be FormZ, but is an example of the type of software used by computer animators in Hollywood, for example.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
bkuper said:
Adam, we use Autodesk ADT 3.3 as our CADD software. There is a 3d modeling/rendering package called 3d Studio VIZ which we use for our 3d work (it is also owned by Autodesk). Although Autocad CAN do 3D modeling, it isn't nearly as sophisticated as VIZ. That's why Autodesk bought it a few years back. The next version of ADT supposedly will incorporate many functions of VIZ for those who don't need all the capabilities of the full VIZ package. I learned at a training seminar recently that the intent of ADT and VIZ is really for modeling widgets by Engineers rather than buildings by Architects. Surprising, but true.

The software this guy uses, whatever it is, is more animation focused than the Autodesk products. It could be FormZ, but is an example of the type of software used by computer animators in Hollywood, for example.
A quote from the article about the software: "a student version of a program called Softimage XSI (by Avid). Ostensibly an animation program"

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
That is really sweet. :smokin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts