Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the passenger side is about a finger width higher than the driver side. I lowered the nuts on the stock bolts all the way down flush to the end of the bolt and drilled new holes for cotterkeys. I drove it around the block already. Does it need to settle longer? Do I need to drive it a longer distance?:WTF

·
Registered
283 Posts
That's a good idea. I didn't think of that when I had my spring back there:thumbsup: When I put longer bolts in mine, the nuts were not of the same distance on the bolts to make it level. One was "tighter" than the other.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were the same amount of threads from the factory so i figured i should lower it evenly. Do you know if it has to settle?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Go find some railroad tracks or a street with some nasty potholes it will help it settle a bit faster. If it does not end up coming out equal, just adjust the one side to correct it.

Also, I would replace those bolts, I just had mine out and I can see where the bolts were worn down from rubbing on the springs all these years, not to mention you have drilled a second hole in them. You can order new ones to your door for like $15.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I've lowered many c4's,the bolt/thread count was never even on both sides.Same with the c5's i've lowered.
No biggie,as long as the frame is level at all for corners.When i say lower,i slamm em bro..heres one example..
Heres kalani's past vette we slammed..

·
Registered
422 Posts
ya i thought about it but its late (neighbors) and its raining.

If your neighbors are like mine, they will only be pissed till Thursday of next week. Plus it's raining, which will explain why your not going to use the usual bleach or motor oil. They'll understand, maybe? Let me know how it works out -

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ya but im a cheap bastard...
Me too. That's why I bought longer grade 8 bolts from the hardware store the first time. It wasn't quite low enough, and a vendor at work gave me some longer ones. If you have a good HandyMan hardware, they can order them or get them from a Fastenal, if you have one. They are cheap if the hardware store sells bolts by the pound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts