Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is definetly a hurting unit...here is a link to a picture http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7227 If I get it I want to put guildstrand lights in it & paint it like a Grand Sport! It runs & drives...has ceramic coated headers with true dual exhaust.....it needs paint,body work, interior.....I offered him $2000 a FEW MONTHS AGO...HE ASKED ME YESTERDAY IF MY OFFER STILL SANDS....I said I would let him know....what do you guys think?:huh:
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
39,516 Posts
The pics don't look that bad. Yeh needs some work. How's the frame? Rusted out any where. If not go for it. If he's willing to come down to 2k he might come to $1800. Hell, If you're not interested I might be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
War Machine said:
What kind of body work?
There is some shabby work done putting the Daytona kit on....basically it needs a little putty in a few spots & then primer/wetsand I think I can do all the work myself....:huh:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
I wouldn't paint it like a Grand Sport, but a racing theme is in order.

Lucky you to have the space, time and $$$$ for such a cool project. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Torch Red 2K said:
The pics don't look that bad. Yeh needs some work. How's the frame? Rusted out any where. If not go for it. If he's willing to come down to 2k he might come to $1800. Hell, If you're not interested I might be.
Frame looks good!!!:excited: I doubt he will go any lower than $2000.00........He has well over $10,000 in it!:surprised 2 years ago the cal was awsome...then he started the Daytona project & never finished...The biggest issue it has is it needs lights....I want the racing guildstrand type if I get it!:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patrick96LT4 said:
I wouldn't paint it like a Grand Sport, but a racing theme is in order.

Lucky you to have the space, time and $$$$ for such a cool project. :)
If I get it Grand Sport paint is a must!:smokin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
War Machine said:
Where can you get Gulstrand lights from? I checked his website and don't see any lights in the online catalog.
I havent even started looking yet....I just know that I want those lights!:excited:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,627 Posts
$2,000. :surprised If you don't want it, let me know. Raidmagic and I will drive up there this weekend and get it. ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bob88con said:
$2,000. :surprised If you don't want it, let me know. Raidmagic and I will drive up there this weekend and get it. ;) ;)
I want it however I just spoke to him & he only wants to sell it if he takes some job in Maryland.... He is a good friend so I hope he doesnt move :( but if he does move I will be buying it. :excited: I kinda think he is gonna sell it to me weather he moves or not....The car is only getting worse sitting & he knows it!:lookinup:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
32,974 Posts
Bob88con said:
$2,000. :surprised If you don't want it, let me know. Raidmagic and I will drive up there this weekend and get it. ;) ;)

:agree: What he said!! I'm loading my truck and trailer right now...Please.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bkuper said:
why not buy it and restore it?
Restore it? Its way too modded for that....If I do get it I will just make a driver out of it...It will look good (like my wifes vert) but I dont want another show car like I have cause I am a nervous reck somthing is gonna happen to it....It would be nice to park it in a parking lot without having to look out every 2 minutes worried some asshole is gonna damage it!:)
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
Restore it? Its way too modded for that....If I do get it I will just make a driver out of it...It will look good (like my wifes vert) but I dont want another show car like I have cause I am a nervous reck somthing is gonna happen to it....It would be nice to park it in a parking lot without having to look out every 2 minutes worried some asshole is gonna damage it!:)
I didn't mean to make a trailer queen out of it. Just a return to stock (cosmetically, of course). What happens beneath the surface could be more "expressive". :smokin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bkuper said:
I didn't mean to make a trailer queen out of it. Just a return to stock (cosmetically, of course). What happens beneath the surface could be more "expressive". :smokin:
It can never go back to stock...the nose was cut to fit the daytona nose on it plus everything is glassed in so ther are no seams...look closer at the pictures.:( It definetly is gonna be a modded 75 forever!:lookinup:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
I'd be all over it!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top