Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I advance in age my mind is ..well you know what happens...

I have forgotten how to get the DIC to display codes. Can someone please remind me?

Thanks in advance...
Jim

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: I need DIC help, actually, a reminder please?

RT66Z06 said:
Jim,

Take two of the blue pills, not one, and takem them one hour prior, not two hours.

Ray
:laughing: :rolling: :laughing:

Thanks, I needed that, I forgot where I put them.....

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ragvette said:
Hope this helps.

DIC

:cheers:
:thumbsup:

I had been holding the fuel and options then doing the reset 4 times! Duhhh!

"and me Danny.....I'm a veg" (Chevy Chase, Caddy Shack)

Thanks!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I need DIC help, actually, a reminder please?

stilcrazee said:
:laughing: :rolling: :laughing:

Thanks, I needed that, I forgot where I put them.....
I'm sorry, but when I first read the subject header I fell off my chair laughing and couldn't resist the tongue-firmly-in-cheek reply.:D

I'm trying to imagine the team meeting at Chevrolet when the subject of the pronunciation of the acronym for Driver Information Center was discussed:

"Bob, do you realize how the acronym Dee-Eye-See will be pronounced? Do you realize that there is a section of the owner's manual entitled 'How To Use Your DIC'? And another covering 'What To Do If Your DIC Fails? Not to mention the section on 'What Do Do If You Can't See Your DIC'?, and 'How To Get The Most From Your DIC'?"

"Yes Tom, somehow that slipped through the last 27 project reviews we had on the subsystem and unfortunately we have already printed 65,000 owner's manuals and 65,000 video tapes for the owners. We'll schedule a meeting with the DIC-heads to find out how to soften (no pun intended, Tom) the impact of this hard (no pun intended, Tom, really) issue. But I'm telling you now, the DIC-heads are very rigid (honest-to-Christ, Tom, no pun intended) on this."

Ray

·
Registered
662 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I was watching your webcam... how exactly can you type?
I may be non compos mentis but I'm an engineer. I use voice-activated data entry. The straightjacket does not inhibit me in the least.

The Thorazine (we call it "brake fluid" here at the ranch) does make me slur my speech occasionally, which is why you will see a typo now and then.

I gotta go. The voices are telling me to wash the car. I'll swivel the webcam so you can see this.

Ray

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll never forget... years ago, watching COPS, and they did a bit with a special team in a police department. It was (and I'm not making this up):

Fast Action Response Team

Michael

(acronyms 'R us computer weenie)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts