Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, I need your help!!!
I have been without the GS for a mere 2 days, and it is killing me!!!!!

Help me find the car of my dreams....a 1996 Grand Sport convertible with red interior. If I buy the car you find, I will pay a finder's fee.
:cheers: :partyon:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
sounds good,i've only seen one G.S. out here,never saw it again.there is a 'Lister' out here.$150,000.it's in an air tight bubble.:smokin:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
There is a Corvette and Collectables that opened up in my town this last summer. They used to have 2 or 3 G.S.'s on display but I haven't seen any in a while. I'll stop by there on my way to PHP later on this afternoon and see what they have on hand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John, that would be great!!! :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Have you checked on Hemmings.com?

Actually I just did to no avail, there were a few GS's listed, no verts no red interior.

Maybe dumb of me or I missed something....why did you sell to begin with?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John, thank you again!!

Why did I sell mine? Short story made long...

When I bought the car, sight unseen, I trusted a GM dealership in Utah (I'm in GA) to look over the car for me. They told me the car was perfect!!! Got here, and it wasn't...hashmarks missing, damage to passenger side front, key mark on the hood, door panels were in bad shape, underside of the hood was blue, screens were blue, dipstick was blue...so $1000 in maintenance later, car is looking better. Then the title trouble started...somebody got skipped on the title in Utah, so 2 months later, I am the owner in Utah, which I have never visited, so I can get a title in GA....:spanked:

The car just left a bad taste in my mouth from the beginning, so now I'm after the "Ultimate" Grand Sport....a ragtop with the bleeder interior. If and when I find a clean one, she's headed to GA!!!! :thumbsup: :smokin: :cheers:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I can completely understand that.

Sure you don't want a 72 Vert? 454, 4 speed, 56k miles? Original owner....my neighbor is selling his. Yellow, black interior white top. Asking mid 20's.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
96LT4 said:
John, thank you again!!

Why did I sell mine? Short story made long...

When I bought the car, sight unseen, I trusted a GM dealership in Utah (I'm in GA) to look over the car for me. They told me the car was perfect!!! Got here, and it wasn't...hashmarks missing, damage to passenger side front, key mark on the hood, door panels were in bad shape, underside of the hood was blue, screens were blue, dipstick was blue...so $1000 in maintenance later, car is looking better. Then the title trouble started...somebody got skipped on the title in Utah, so 2 months later, I am the owner in Utah, which I have never visited, so I can get a title in GA....:spanked:

The car just left a bad taste in my mouth from the beginning, so now I'm after the "Ultimate" Grand Sport....a ragtop with the bleeder interior. If and when I find a clean one, she's headed to GA!!!! :thumbsup: :smokin: :cheers:
Oh man!!! That sucks! That's why I flew to Rogers in Florida. I can't buy something site unseen... even from Rogers.....

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
I just went on E-Bay and there is a convert with black interior and a coupe with red interior. So close yet so far...

How rare is a convert. with red interior?

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Whats your price range??

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To answer the rest of the questions....

John, thank you for looking!! I tried sending you a PM, but your box was full. :D

The 42K miler in that ad is the car on EBAY....he'll take $29K for the car, but it is not what I want.

There are 53 bleeder ragtops, 42 with the F45, I want 1 of those 42. :thumbsup:

My price range is open, but no unlimited. For the right car, I pla on spending some "C5" type cash. I kow the car won't be cheap, but it will fill my GS void.

Again folks, thank you for all of your help!!!!! I know the car will come around, and I just have to be lucky enough to be there when it does. :cheers: :partyon:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts