Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help! I am looking forward to summer and all the crusing it will bring. I need to sell my current C4 to have the money to find me a C5 or C5 Z. I would like to strap on an A&A kit to my new car to bring a new beast to the street. Ive tried my local trader (statewide,internet), local placement in certain areas and I still cant sell my car. I know my price is high in the market that it is placed in but look at what is already done for the new owner. All he'd ever have to really worry about is the engine, and it holds 40psi at idle and ranges up to 60 under highway speeds. Ive rebuild everything but the engine and rearend. It has a ton of new items. I want 13900 obo for my 86 coupe Z51. I dont know what to do...Where are more sources to put my car out there. Hopefully, someone will buy it as the way it looks and runs. I just dont understand I hear about people buying older cars all the time that are really rust buckets for 10000 all the time around car shows. Maybe someone can help me out here...I have pics, idle clips, and rev clips. Also, EBAY most people try to rip you off there on saleing a whole vehicle.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
If you want top dollar for it stay off Vette forums. Most people the use the forums know where to get the cheap cars. use E-bay or autotrader online. There is also collector car trader they have tons of high priced cars. Good luck.

·
Registered
724 Posts
A C4 corvette has to be really special too bring over 10,000 on EBAY. I go to EBAY all the time to buy parts, and most the C4's don't get very big bids. Problem is, most people that shop on EBAY, are looking for bargains. That is why they are on there to begin with. I suggest taking your car to a cherolet dealership and trying to trade it on a C5. Even if you got 13,500 cash for your car, you would still end up financing at least that much for a good C5. So why not just trade it in to a dealership, and tell them you want 13,500 trade in value on a C5.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I want 13900 obo for my 86 coupe Z51.
And I would like to get $50 a share for my Microsoft stock, but in today's market it just ain't gonna happen.

An 86 Z51 coupe isn't especially rare nor old enough to be a classic. Most people will look at it as a 21 year old used car. You might be lucky and find the one buyer (or more correctly he'll find you) who is looking for what you have, and if you're patient things might work out. But if you're in a hurry to sell you'll just have to take whatever the market will pay.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
driley,
On the trade in... Most dealerships wont give me the money I want for a trade in. They all go by Kelly Blue Book, which in my opinion is a rip off. I mean come on they want to give you $5000 maybe a little more for a car like I have. That is just completely a slap in the face. I truely believe that NADA is the only book to follow. NADA quotes my car from 8000-15000. If I could find a dealership to give me 13500 credit, Im sure they could still make money. Even if it did not show in what they gave me for my car they'd still be making profit. I just want at least a 2001 Z. I want that because of the LS6 for supercharing. Plus it would be a better car all the way around. Ive seen some nice 01 model Z's going for around 29000 with 25000 miles on them. I am sure they would come off of that. It is only my dream that I could get the Z for around 28000 or less with that good of mileage and a 13000 dollar trade in. :huh:

·
Registered
724 Posts
driley,
On the trade in... Most dealerships wont give me the money I want for a trade in. They all go by Kelly Blue Book, which in my opinion is a rip off. I mean come on they want to give you $5000 maybe a little more for a car like I have. That is just completely a slap in the face. I truely believe that NADA is the only book to follow. NADA quotes my car from 8000-15000. If I could find a dealership to give me 13500 credit, Im sure they could still make money. Even if it did not show in what they gave me for my car they'd still be making profit. I just want at least a 2001 Z. I want that because of the LS6 for supercharing. Plus it would be a better car all the way around. Ive seen some nice 01 model Z's going for around 29000 with 25000 miles on them. I am sure they would come off of that. It is only my dream that I could get the Z for around 28000 or less with that good of mileage and a 13000 dollar trade in. :huh:
That is why I suggested a chevrolet dealership. They are more likely to make a deal on aother vette than anyone else, because they do understand the value of a NICELY PRESERVED 21 year old car. Go to a couple if you have to. Believe me, one will want to sell a car bad enough, they will deal with you. Even if they say no right away, tell them you are going to the other chevy dealership in town or in the next town and let them sell you a car. Can't hurt to try. I do know what you mean about the C4's being kind of under-rated. I don't get it, they are still a CORVETTE. These cars were built to compete with the worlds finest automobiles. I'm holding on to mine just because I like it, and I like to be different. While everyone else is jumping on the C5 and C6 band-wagon, I'll just keep making my 85 more wicked. I can do a **** load of upgrades to it for the 15,000 or more I would have to pay to get a C5. Good luck to you though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts