Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear tires have to be replaced and I'm currently looking for a suitable replacement. I've been reading reviews for two days and can't seem to make up my mind from the testimonials. The only sure thing I'm positive of is that Goodyears will not go back on the car. Okay here is what I narrowed my choices down to mainly because of price. Hopefully my Corvette brotherhood would give me first hand advice to make a final decision.

1. Continental extreme contact dws ultra high performance all season $762 tire rack
2. Firestone firehawk wide oval indy 500 ultra high performance summer $732 tire rack
3. Hankook ventus v12 evo k110 max performance summer $730 tire rack
4. Nitto Invo $930 local shop
5. Michelin pilot sport all season run flats $1100 local shop
6. Toyo proxes T1R $947 tires direct

What I want is good cornering and very good dry traction with decent wet traction (wet performance is not really a priority). A quiet ride would be nice but not a big deal.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm on my 2nd set of Toyo Proxies and I love them. Ive never had a problem with them in wet, dry, cornering and they are a hell of alot more quiet then the Good Years.

Cliff

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I would highly recommend the Nitto Invo's I'm on my second pair for the rear of my C5 295-35-18 and I really like them. My Dad also chose the Invos for his C6 and he really likes them 285-35-19.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
I've ran the Toyo's for a while. I absolutely love that tire. I race my Vette alot and this tire provides the best of all worlds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts