Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Find me a die cast model of my car! I have been looking for someone that makes a 1:18 scale replica of my 2002 Electron Blue Z06. Well it turns out the big die cast maker Maisto made an EB Z06 EXCLUSIVELY for Target stores. You cant find this car anywhere else. I have been to MANY MANY Targets in my area and ZERO luck. If you would be so kind to help me while your there picking up whatever else you need, just trot over to the toy section and look for the car. I will pay you the cost of the car and shipping costs of course. If they have more than one, I will take them all.
It comes in a black box with clear plastic top to see the car. The car is 1:18 scale, approximately 8 inches long. It says Special Edition Corvette Z06 on the front and it is obviously blue in color. I think they cost between $10-15 dollars.

MUCH THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

P.S. I posted this request over in the CF but I know my loyal die hard DC guys/gals can find these first!!!
:excited:

·
Registered
662 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Well it turns out the big die cast maker Maisto made an EB Z06 EXCLUSIVELY for Target stores. The car is 1:18 scale, approximately 8 inches long. It says Special Edition Corvette Z06 on the front and it is obviously blue in color. I think they cost between $10-15 dollars...If they have more than one, I will take them all.
Are you sure it's $10-$15? I have the Maisto Quicksilver 2001 Z06 1:18 scale which I got at the Chevy dealer and (perhaps because it was the Chevy dealer) it was $49.95.

Here are two photos:

I will check the local Target stores today (we have one nearby which is a "Target Greatland" whatever that means). It's huge.

If they have more than one, how many do you want? Can I take my Vette or do I need to take the GMC?:D

Ray

·
Registered
662 Posts
Okay, just so I know the scale is the one you want here are two photos. The first shows the Maisto Z06 1:18 beside the C5-R 1:18, and yes, the real C5-R is just as much larger as the real Z06.

and this one shows the Maisto Z06 alongside the Porsche 917K 1:18 scale model.

Is this the scale?

Ray

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RT66Z06: YES that EXACT size and the exact model of your silver one only its Electron Blue!!

TD-Machines: See, I told ya they are hard to get. WOW

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ragvette said:
I'll stop at Target on the way home tomorrow and see they have one.:partyon:
Thanks Rodney. Do you already have one?

·
Registered
662 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
RT66Z06: YES that EXACT size and the exact model of your silver one only its Electron Blue!!

TD-Machines: See, I told ya they are hard to get. WOW
Okay, I went to four local Target stores (Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, and Westminster, CA) here in Orange County. Closest I came to the one you want was a 1965 Nassau Blue Coupe. :( They had Millenium Yellow Coupes and Convertibles too. They have "Special Edition" in gold lettering on the box so they may indeed be a Target-only item.

I have the phone numbers for six additional stores in the Los Angeles area. I will call them Monday.

Target store manager says try Target.com. I also found from the box that Maisto is in Fontana, CA. I'll check both web sites and if they aren't there I'll call Maisto in Fontana on Monday morning. If they have them in their warehouse I'll drive up and get a few.

They must be a very popular item (and BTW, they are $24.99 here in Southern California, and 91 Octane fuel is $1.99 a gallon too: Good weather costs more :D).

Sorry I couldn't help on this one, I understand your desire to get one in your color. I'll keep trying.

Ray

·
Registered
662 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Maisto does not show a 2002 Electron Blue on their web site and a search of Target's web site and stores does not list it either.

Ray

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey, i will keep an eye out for them and i will have my friend in Kalamazoo, MI look at that Target too...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have to stop at target during the coure of this week sometime, I will take a look for you

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ray,

I appreciate all that you are doing, but seriously you dont have to go all out like that. As far as Maisto and Target, I already contacted both of them a week ago and they told me the same thing.

1. Maisto only made them for Target

2. Target says they are discontinued so no new stock will be arriving.

I am going to assume that Miasto isnt making them any longer so what is out there is all we get.

The search continues.....

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Ray,

I appreciate all that you are doing, but seriously you dont have to go all out like that. As far as Maisto and Target, I already contacted both of them a week ago and they told me the same thing.

I am going to assume that Miasto isnt making them any longer so what is out there is all we get.

i'll keep an eye out for them..i know where two targets are in lexington ky...and i'll be in columbus ohio in a couple of weeks and will look thee :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Ray,

Buiness is slow (thanks George) so I've got time on my hands.

Do you have the last five digits of the UPC code for the 2002 Electron Blue Z06 from Maisto? Without that number Target is unable to locate a specific product. With that number they can trace it down to a store that still has stock since the entire order-entry/order tracking system is electronic.

e.g., the following are products they (both Maisto and Target) know about with the five digit product identifier following the description:

1:18 Chevrolet® Corvette® (1965)

1:18 1996 Chevrolet® Corvette® LT-4

1:18 1996 Chevrolet® Corvette® Coupe

1:18 1998 Corvette® Convertible

1:18 Chevrolet® Corvette® Z06 2001

The above are the only die-cast 1:18 scale Corvette products Maisto produced for anyone according to the executive assistant for the marketing director at Maisto. She checked their Oracle database and according to their records they never produced any 2002 Corvette model because they don't believe there is any (marketable) difference between the 2001 and 2002.

I was also able to speak with the assistant to the director for product distribution at Target's corporate headquarters and they were unable to locate any Maisto Corvette products except the ones listed above, and they stock and sell all of those.

Both companies asked for the five digit suffix to the UPC (which is actually printed twice in two different locations on the Maisto box and that number is what gets scanned when Maisto ships them, and when Target receives, distributes, and finally sells the item.

One other caveat: according to Maisto, they do not have a separate UPC for a particular color. This means that the UPC on the box for the Quicksilver 2001 Z06 I purchased is identical to the UPC on the box for the Millenium Yellow 2001 Z06.

Have you actually held one of these models in your hand? If so Maisto would be very interested in examining a specimen since they would like to know who is manufacturing them. They mentioned the possibility that someone bought a 1:18 scale 2001 Z06 (of any of the available colors) and simply painted it Electron Blue. Apparently this is a common occurrence with car-guys and their models. It unfortunately voids the Maisto warranty.

Ray

1 - 20 of 44 Posts