Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice driving home from work last night.

The Up shift light was going on and off my car has the 700R4 trans in it why is the light flashing every now and then.

The shift lever is in the overdrive position.

And the Instance MPG would be at 22 MPG then drop down to 7 then back up to 22 MPG also.

Could the transmission going in and out of Lock UP ??.

The RPM stay the same.

But I do think the Toruqe converter is going bad I just saving up money again to buy a new transmission I woulding if this has any thing to do with the new issues that showed uo last night.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
cant tell ya why the light is coming on...

as for the mileage. I do feel that it is the transmission going in and out of lockup. Your converter may not be bad, it could be something as simple as your TCC solenoid taking a ****, or low fluid pressure.

If memory serves correctly, if your converter was taking a ****, you would be having performance issues while accelerating from a stop- would potentially stall the engine. You would also notice a change in rpm as the converter started slipping far more than designed to.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the Anti Lock Brake light bulb back in all fixed now but I have to look at the stupid anti lock brake light once again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
noticed my anti lock light came on twice in a week now, hmmm...?

marv, i am happy to say going down the 14 to LA i can avg 24-30mpg depending on the surface!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I notice driving home from work last night.

The Up shift light was going on and off my car has the 700R4 trans in it why is the light flashing every now and then.

The shift lever is in the overdrive position.

And the Instance MPG would be at 22 MPG then drop down to 7 then back up to 22 MPG also.

Could the transmission going in and out of Lock UP ??.

The RPM stay the same.

But I do think the Toruqe converter is going bad I just saving up money again to buy a new transmission I woulding if this has any thing to do with the new issues that showed uo last night.
Id look at the selenoid and fluid levels as stated before I would think the converter is bad.
Although it impacts the shiting mostely our throttle cable are notorious for causing little problems if not properly adjusted.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Id look at the selenoid and fluid levels as stated before I would think the converter is bad.
Although it impacts the shiting mostely our throttle cable are notorious for causing little problems if not properly adjusted.
From day one the shop that rebuilt the trans it been a POS.

I just going to replace it I tired of the headachs with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts