Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears Sandra Bullock made a donation to the American Red Cross to the tune of 1 million dollars

What an Ass hole *

Where are these celebrities when America Needs them

Why not donate that money to the City Of Hope

Where each day many Terminal American Children fight for their lives ?

Quite frankly I could Give-ah-shitt

About Greece, Kuwait, Libya or Japan

The US government Made their Bed now sleep in it,

Let us not forget Japan Tried to bring America down during the second world war and some of those Veterans are still living today ,

They also have Flooded our Transportation markets , Which our government opened the doors right up for them,

Just like they did China,

Do you Honestly believe China is not going to flood our markets with Cheap non union made Chinese cars in the future ?

Japan has been accused of selling cars " AT Cost" with non union Labor in order to bring down our big 3 auto manufactures

They are set to release a new Passenger Jet liner in order to compete with Boeing and it will be sold at reduced cost

Why should our men and women of the armed forces be exposed to Nuclear fallout in Japan ???:devil:

Well the fact is they shouldn't

I am sick to death of our people and our Government Helping everyone else out in the world when they have clearly Neglected to take care of Business here at home !

We fought for this country, We pay taxes here, We American men and women built this country from the ground up

"Not the Government"

Most of them have never served our country

Including the now president Obama !

And as of late they seek to go help Libya

Skrew you people, Get out of the way so we can begin to burn Domestic fuels such as propane and E85

Then you wont be prey for OPEC in the middle east "Rookies"

Also the USA only receives 1/2 of 1% of its oil imports from Libya,

Hardly worth sending men and women there to die for,

How about you call up Kuwait and strike a deal for the 1%

I mean after all we shed Blood there, and saved them all their wealth and living life under a dictator,

I noticed they never offered a damn thing for our service there ,Even Though they possess more real wealth than the United States does,

I say let our Auto makers and other industries capitalize on all this

It's about time ******America was 1st*******

Don't you think ?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Although I agree 100%....

America's time as #1 has come and gone.

We no longer hold the promise of leadership. Political Correctness, Liberalism, and the global economy have ruined our great nation.

We have entered, for the first time in our country's history, a time when future generations will live at a lower standard of living than their parents.

:huh:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Although I agree 100%....

America's time as #1 has come and gone.

We no longer hold the promise of leadership. Political Correctness, Liberalism, and the global economy have ruined our great nation.

We have entered, for the first time in our country's history, a time when future generations will live at a lower standard of living than their parents.

:huh:
I'm a never say die guy

I have faith in the American man

His brain contains much ingenuity

And History proves this

We are an exceptional breed

And if there is a way the American man will find it ! :nuts:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I'm a never say die guy

And History proves this

Unicorns and Rainbows my friend.....Unicorns and Rainbows....

Our Government is owned by global corporations and a hand full of mega-rich elites.
Both have deep pockets.
Corporations now have individual rights.

We are doomed.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm a never say die guy

And History proves this

I agree with this, but not the sentiment to abandon Japan. I definitely have confidence that we will find a way to prosper in the new world economy. What will hold us back will be the growing number of young people unwilling to do the hard work to train for a meaningful job, and the growing willingness to rely on the government teat from a very early age. As for Japan, I think we should always pull alongside allies and help when we can. I understand they weren't always allies, but it is in our interest for Japan to recover. :cheers:

·
Registered
798 Posts
What will hold us back will be the growing number of young people unwilling to do the hard work to train for a meaningful job
Yea, right, "would you like fries with that"!!!!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unicorns and Rainbows my friend.....Unicorns and Rainbows....

Our Government is owned by global corporations and a hand full of mega-rich elites.
Both have deep pockets.
Corporations now have individual rights.

We are doomed.
Yeah well I understand you're a quitter

Better sit this one out Pahdtner

American corporations are assuming the American man is going to go along with their " Grand Sceams"

But in reality they considered Traitors of the United States Of America

And the Communist Goods that they Peddle are considered
" Fools gold here in America"

And in reality will cost us all TRIPLE in the long run :nuts:

Traitors Get Out !

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Yeah well I understand you're a quitter

Better sit this one out Pahdtner

American corporations are assuming the American man is going to go along with their " Grand Sceams"

But in reality they considered Traitors of the United States Of America

And the Communist Goods that they Peddle are considered
" Fools gold here in America"

And in reality will cost us all TRIPLE in the long run :nuts:

Traitors Get Out !
:laughing:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
got no problem sending folks and equipment to help dig out since most of the stuff they had might be damaged.. as far as straight out $$ donations.. I think they have enough of that to cover the bills,.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Yea, right, "would you like fries with that"!!!!
No, they are perfectly willing to take a job like that because it doesn't take any of that pesky education. The ones who will take the time to train will do OK.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Mrs. Bullock can do what she wants with her money, maybe she has made donations to U.S. based charities and the news didn't cover it because there was no hype at the time.

I don't appreciate our news and Japan's leader stating things like "Japans worst catastrophe since WW2". WW2 was no catastrophe as far Japan goes; they could have capitulated at any time. The Fum Duckers did it to themselves and committed horrible atrocities along the way. We still pay for the Japanese who saw the bright light and lived to talk about it, while our surviving soldiers who were captured by the Japanese and treated horribly only got military back pay. That is something I can't stand.

But....

I believe as Americans who have had Japan as one of our most important and best allies now for over 50 years need to show them our most appreciative and pragmatic support; I don't think we should throw millions or billions of bucks at them but we can certainly help them logistically and with specialty services . They have been there for us for quite some time now and they were there for us on 911 and continue to be there for us.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got no problem sending folks and equipment to help dig out since most of the stuff they had might be damaged.. as far as straight out $$ donations.. I think they have enough of that to cover the bills,.
Many of the folks are already there

In fact they have always been there protecting Japan at US taxpayers expense

Why Do they get the free ride in life as far as our Military goes?

Why Should 1 American man or women Risk their lives for Japan ???

Well the answer is they shouldn't

Nor should they expose themselves to high levels of radiation,

Also if they get sick or get leukemia the government is just going to show them the Good finger here :nuts:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, they are perfectly willing to take a job like that because it doesn't take any of that pesky education. The ones who will take the time to train will do OK.
And Tex I'm not too sure about you these days

You know that guy your pulling for , For president

Herman Cain

You know he never found time to serve his country in the military in his youth,

And I'm not sure how much of a draft dodger he was

And most his career was served in the " Junk Food" Industry

But now that he is in the " Limelight" He wants to serve his country :crazy:

Com'on ! :laughing:

Let's not be so gullible and find us a true patriot that won't sell this country out

I've heard enough from the Podium crowd

This country needs a Hero with a track record of serving the country and it's people

Herman Cain has a track record of Serving himself

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
And Tex I'm not too sure about you these days

You know that guy your pulling for , For president

Herman Cain

You know he never found time to serve his country in the military in his youth,

And I'm not sure how much of a draft dodger he was

And most his career was served in the " Junk Food" Industry

But now that he is in the " Limelight" He wants to serve his country :crazy:

Com'on ! :laughing:

Let's not be so gullible and find us a true patriot that won't sell this country out

I've heard enough from the Podium crowd

This country needs a Hero with a track record of serving the country and it's people

Herman Cain has a track record of Serving himself
I'm noticing a lot of anger issues from you. Chill out man! :cheers:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Many of the folks are already there

In fact they have always been there protecting Japan at US taxpayers expense

Why Do they get the free ride in life as far as our Military goes?

Why Should 1 American man or women Risk their lives for Japan ???

Well the answer is they shouldn't

Nor should they expose themselves to high levels of radiation,

Also if they get sick or get leukemia the government is just going to show them the Good finger here :nuts:
Japan has not participated in a major war as a combatant since being defeated in World War II. Even though Japan maintains a powerful defense force, its Constitution, originally drawn under the guidelines of General Douglas MacArthur in 1945, formally renounces war and the use of military force in aggressive or offensive ways. Japan also maintains a policy against the exporting of military hardware. In addition, Japan is the only nation with a space exploration program not to have nuclear weapons.

After a period of U.S. occupation (1945–1952), Japan regained its independence. Japan was also forbidden to have a standing army or wage war by Article nine of its Constitution.

Although the Japanese constitution says "land, sea, and air forces, as well as other war potential, will never be maintained," the Jieitai (自衛隊), or Japan Self-Defense Forces were created shortly after the end of U.S. occupation. The Jieitai is one of the most technologically advanced armed forces in the world and Japanese military expenditures are the seventh highest in the world. Though the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security, signed in 1960, allows for the continued presence of American military bases in Japan, most of them on Okinawa, no formal agreement was ever set by which Japan officially relies on the United States, United Nations, or anybody else for its defense.

In the aftermath of the Occupation, attempts were made by some administrations in Japan, particularly at the urging of the United States, to amend the Constitution and rearm. This was prevented by intense popular sentiment against this action, and against war in general, along with the attitudes and agendas of significant elements within the government. In 1967, Prime Minister Eisaku Satō outlined the Three Non-Nuclear Principles by which Japan stands against its production, or possession of nuclear weaponry. Similar ideas were expressed several years later against the production and export of conventional arms. The Diet of Japan is currently deliberating an amendment to the Constitution that would repeal Article Nine, and allow Japan to once again have projective military capacity.

For the time being, Japan has deployed the Jieitai to aid in a number of non-combat missions, especially those involving humanitarian aid, such as aiding the victims of the 1995 Kobe earthquake, providing administrative support to the United Nations Interim Force In Lebanon (UNIFIL) Norwegian Battalion (NORBATT) in the 1990s, and helping rebuild Iraq.

Some Japanese state a desire to have their own military due to fear of the growing power of China and the hostility of North Korea. They claim that the U.S. has failed to properly address these issues, and therefore Japan must grant itself "the power to defend itself".

In 2004, then-United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan announced a plan to expand the number of permanent seats on the United Nations Security Council, and Japan seeks to gain one of those seats. Despite Japan's economic power and political influence, some debate whether or not a country with no standing military can be considered a "world power" that should have a permanent seat on the Council. Recent disputes with neighboring countries like China, Taiwan, South Korea, and Russia over territories such as the Senkaku Islands, Liancourt Rocks, and the Kuril Islands, as well as accusations of Japanese whitewashing of history in various textbook controversies have also complicated this process.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Japan

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
It appears Sandra Bullock made a donation to the American Red Cross to the tune of 1 million dollars

What an Ass hole *

Where are these celebrities when America Needs them

Why not donate that money to the City Of Hope

Where each day many Terminal American Children fight for their lives ?

Quite frankly I could Give-ah-shitt

About Greece, Kuwait, Libya or Japan

The US government Made their Bed now sleep in it,

Let us not forget Japan Tried to bring America down during the second world war and some of those Veterans are still living today ,

They also have Flooded our Transportation markets , Which our government opened the doors right up for them,

Just like they did China,

Do you Honestly believe China is not going to flood our markets with Cheap non union made Chinese cars in the future ?

Japan has been accused of selling cars " AT Cost" with non union Labor in order to bring down our big 3 auto manufactures

They are set to release a new Passenger Jet liner in order to compete with Boeing and it will be sold at reduced cost

Why should our men and women of the armed forces be exposed to Nuclear fallout in Japan ???:devil:

Well the fact is they shouldn't

I am sick to death of our people and our Government Helping everyone else out in the world when they have clearly Neglected to take care of Business here at home !

We fought for this country, We pay taxes here, We American men and women built this country from the ground up

"Not the Government"

Most of them have never served our country

Including the now president Obama !

And as of late they seek to go help Libya

Skrew you people, Get out of the way so we can begin to burn Domestic fuels such as propane and E85

Then you wont be prey for OPEC in the middle east "Rookies"

Also the USA only receives 1/2 of 1% of its oil imports from Libya,

Hardly worth sending men and women there to die for,

How about you call up Kuwait and strike a deal for the 1%

I mean after all we shed Blood there, and saved them all their wealth and living life under a dictator,

I noticed they never offered a damn thing for our service there ,Even Though they possess more real wealth than the United States does,

I say let our Auto makers and other industries capitalize on all this

It's about time ******America was 1st*******

Don't you think ?

I can't really find a reason for you to judge her based on where she sends her money. It is her money, right?:huh:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't really find a reason for you to judge her based on where she sends her money. It is her money, right?

Well lets put it this way

You didn't see her jump so quick to help those folks down in Katrina ???

The Japanese Don't have any money problems and a million dollars is Nothing to them

But on the other hand she could have given that money to the City Of Hope where you have kids fighting for their lives and battling terminal cancer each and everyday

A million dollars would mean a lot to those kids,
And quite frankly they and their parents are why she's a successful wealthy business women

In short: Shes an American and should support America

I think she made the donation so Hollywood would take notice

Not so much for work because she already has that

But its a big Image thing that actors and actresses use to further their Image and sometimes their career within Hollywood Culture

Anyway, America loses again

1 - 20 of 56 Posts