Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think GM intentionally revealed the Pilots in order to generate some free press and excitement, knowing that Dunne and others would be lurking.

If the subsequent responses were positive, they'd know they're on track with the new car. If not, perhaps they have a little time for tweaks.

thoughts?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think so too.

They are trying to just give you enough of feal for what they are doing it without unveiling the entire car. They probably are doing it so magazines like MT and R&T will come up with better renditions of the car. I am sure in the next few months we will see a more accurate rendition of the car come out in one of the magazines and will probably be close to dead on. I am sure they do it on purpose to get reactions, and I would not doubt if they use magazines like MT and R&T to get free market data.

I think some of the concepts that we seen are actually intended by GM to get public opinion on certain ideas. The first C6 rendition came out in a August of 2000 in one of the magazines and they gave us a car that was not too radically different than a C5, then we saw that radical design a year ago I think in MT.

Whatever the case is the final varsion will be what they show us in January minus a few small changes.

The funny thing is that this exactly the Nissan Z guys were doing just a year and half ago when they were awaiting the arival of the 350 Z. It came out looking almost identical to the last concepts with some moderate tone down.:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts